shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you rate this radiant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ZhenyaH

Rough_Rock
Box radiant

6.38x6.14x3.48
SI1 /G
Depth: 56.7%
Table: 65%
Crown: 22.5''/7.2%
Polish & Symmetry: Good
Think-Slightly Thick

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
How about a 'C'?? It is a shallow stone with a very thin crown. The make is quite shallow and the stone could have significant leakage under the table and might look glassy... As if it were dirty... As a pro, you'd have a stone facing up significantly larger than what you'd expect...
1.gif
Of course I am just guessing, because I don't have the stone in front of me.
1.gif
How does it look to you?

ZhenyaH

Rough_Rock
That's what I thought. At first it sparkled so beautifully. But I find myself constantly cleaning it so that it doesn't lose the sparkle. It looks glassy and dirty if I don't clean it almost every day.

Is there ANYTHING I can do???

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
On a scale of poor, fair, good, very good & exceptional, the cut probably ranks "fair", for the reasons Giangi outlined above.

There's plenty of "fair" cut diamonds out there that people get immense enjoyment from every day. Just keep it clean and it will perform it's best. A daily toothbrushing underneath the stone will work good.

Sometimes I've known people to set a colored stone on each side of a fair cut radiant in order to make it "pop" in it's visual presentation.

A nice bright pair of emeralds or sapphires can do wonders to dress up a center stone with a fair cut. Especially with that fine "G" body color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results