shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you guys add some COLOR to this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
For my wedding anniversary this year, I am planning on resetting my .50ct RB. It is currently in a palladium six prong Tiffany style setting. I would like to give it a little more zing "n" bling.

At first I thought a halo would be the answer. But I tried a few halo settings on and they just weren''t me. Then another PSer posted a photo of this Jaffe setting and I just knew that this is the direction I would like to go. But I would like to add a bit of blue. I have been married for going on 11 years and I am the mother of two boys. It would be nice if the ring could reflect where I was by using my original e-ring stone and where I am now. The blue would represent all my guys... DH and two sons. Adwar offers a ring styled very similar to the Jaffe which would allow for me to customize the stones.

Anyway, how would you guys add a little blue to a setting like this one? Alternate blue sapphires and diamonds in the crown? In the shank? I had thought about just having the two melee stones closest to the crown be blue sapphires to represent my two boys. But would that be enough blue?

I am totally open to ideas and suggestions. And any photoshopping assistance! LOL!

Thanks so much...

Joolskie

AJaffe Bezel Diamond Shank.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is a top view showing the setting with an RB closer to the size of mine...

AJaffe Bezel With 5.5mm.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I would get 2 sapphire eternity bands to flank the ring, instead of diamnd ones. That would look sharp!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Wow Treysar... that is a really cool idea. I am actually having a sapphire eternity band made as Mother''s Day gift (for myself LOL!). I had not thought of having TWO, one for each kid.

31.gif

And may I say, when I was in my halo phase... I often pulled up your absolutely stunning ring.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think the sapphire bands on each side would be very pretty. Another option I like would be to do the crown stones only in sapphires.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! i have a blue sapphire channel set and two white diamond channel set eternity bands that i wear with the blue in the center. i like it and it gets a lot of compliments. since i like that combo i would consider the blue down the e-ring and aroud the crown if i was going to always wear the three together. if i was not i wouldn''t do the blue on the e-ring. just my thoughts. i do like the combo as pictured and think it makes a nice set.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Either do sapphires around the crown, or have the two flanking bands be done in sapphires. I love sapphires and diamonds together, such a stunning combo. Love the setting you picked, it''s lovely.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 8:44:13 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Either do sapphires around the crown, or have the two flanking bands be done in sapphires. I love sapphires and diamonds together, such a stunning combo. Love the setting you picked, it''s lovely.

Perfectly said. Gorgeous ring choice!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Ok, ignoring my rudimentary Photoshop skills, here''s a rough idea of what the set could look like with sapphires.

AJaffe Bezel Diamond Shank112 copy.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
I am definitely liking the idea of doing the crown all in blue sapphires. I think the contrast of the blue crown with my RB in the bezel and melee on the shank would work really well. And, I could alternate my bands! I have a plain 2mm wedding band, a channel set diamond anniversary band and come Mother''s Day I will have a shared prong sapphire band.

Unfortunately, I do not have enough finger real estate to work the three band combo. When I try to wear my current 2mm e-ring, 2mm plain band and 2.5mm anniversary band together... it doesn''t look right. All three end up stacking right up to my knuckle! So, I wear my anniversary band on my right hand while the e-ring and plain band reside on my left hand. Which is why I would like an e-ring setting with a little more to it than the Tiffany style six prong! I don''t have room to do anything else!

Of course I am going to have to be patient on this project. Gotta satisfy the sapphire band monster first. Then, it is on to feeding the e-ring reset monster...

2.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Whoa Molly! I was typing my previous response while you were posting that LOVELY example! Thank you so much! The two blue bands are gorgeous. But alas, I don''t think they will all fit on my finger. But WOW, how great will an all blue crown version of the setting look with the my one sapphire band(that I don''t have yet but will have soon LOL!)... ooooo, the visual helps so much!

THANK YOU!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Joolskie my advise would be to check with manufacturer of this ring first: do they customise settings?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *wouldn''t* add blue --OR-- get the Adwar version of this set. I''d choose the designer original with the plain band in the center flanked with one or two diamond bands.

It''s just my personal opinion - but I think adding blue makes the already "blingy" set TOO busy. You can always symbolize the boys and the "now" on your *right hand*. Or get two blue bands that you can pair with the e-ring SOMETIMES ... for another occaision.

You can go *too far* or try to accomplish *too much* in a project. I particularly don''t dig alternating blue & white stones ... but, as I said, it''s only my silly little opinion.

ps -- maybe I''m the lone grinch but I''ve always found "blue" for boy & "pink" for girl trite. *shrug*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
A coworker of mine has that setting and it is gorgeous!!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 10:05:45 PM
Author: Molly1024
Ok, ignoring my rudimentary Photoshop skills, here''s a rough idea of what the set could look like with sapphires.
GREAT JOB!!!

I love this, as well as sapphs around the crown!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i am glad that you found something satisfying at pearlmans. i do like blue sapphires but i thought the two blue bands and the blue crown were too much blue for me. jmho.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results