shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you feel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweetie: I can certainly understand your frustration -- I imagine the other BMs are almost as steamed as you are, without the added factor of the duplication of your wedding colors and BM dresses.

I suspect that many of the guests at your cousin's wedding will be wondering who in their right mind would turn their wedding over to complete strangers, and allow it to be a part of filmed as part of someone else's money-making venture. When all is said and done, what they'll probably remember from the event is the spectacle and inappropriateness of the whole thing... all in all, it's kind of sad.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
You must post pictures!

I wish you all the luck on Friday, stand strong and just remember that your wedding will be filled with people who love you, care about you and aren''t stressed out because your a crazy bridezilla!
1.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 11:01:22 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Sweetie: I can certainly understand your frustration -- I imagine the other BMs are almost as steamed as you are, without the added factor of the duplication of your wedding colors and BM dresses. I suspect that many of the guests at your cousin''s wedding will be wondering who in their right mind would turn their wedding over to complete strangers, and allow it to be a part of filmed as part of someone else''s money-making venture. When all is said and done, what they''ll probably remember from the event is the spectacle and inappropriateness of the whole thing... all in all, it''s kind of sad.

I''d be mad as heck, too -- more so because of the madness of asking you to get two dresses and pay for your transportation. I also agree with VRBeauty''s assessment above.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ladies. You are right, my wedding will have a totally different feel, and not just because hers is all craziness either. My mom made a point, on TV you see the wedding ceremony, however when you are there all you see is the camera crew. I soooooooo wouldn''t want that to be what people remember from a day that supposed to be about love and commitment.

Ah well. I will report back in after Fri. ;-)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 12:04:51 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Wow, this show sounds pretty familiar...

Personally, I think you should tell your cousin just what your problems are. It''s unfair for her to want a ''surprise'' wedding at the expense of you (and everyone else).

If this is what she wants...fine...but she should be willing to reemburse you for the money spent and wasted. After all, she is no longer paying for her wedding, and now has ample funds to cover yours expenses. Clearly she has to know that, esspecially now, money is tight for many people and doing double duty on bridemaid ''stuff'' isn''t in anyone''s budget.

Yes, her wedding is 3 weeks away, and it''s getting closer by the minute...so don''t waste time...tell her what your feelings are, and let her know that''s it''s unfair.

DITTO - I think that expecting you all to spend all this extra money is completely outrageous. The rest of it, honestly, I don''t think is worth the heartache or the headache for you to stay upset about, but this was completely unreasonable and thoughtless of her to not try to compensate you guys for the extra costs
29.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''d be really PISSED! I''m not the type to get riled up over stuff like that either, but she is just crossing too many lines!
29.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:13:21 AM
Author: mscushion
Sweetie: I can certainly understand your frustration -- I imagine the other BMs are almost as steamed as you are, without the added factor of the duplication of your wedding colors and BM dresses. I suspect that many of the guests at your cousin''s wedding will be wondering who in their right mind would turn their wedding over to complete strangers, and allow it to be a part of filmed as part of someone else''s money-making venture. When all is said and done, what they''ll probably remember from the event is the spectacle and inappropriateness of the whole thing... all in all, it''s kind of sad.
I''d be mad as heck, too -- more so because of the madness of asking you to get two dresses and pay for your transportation. I also agree with VRBeauty''s assessment above.
This is exactly my impression, too.

I understand your frustration, and you certainly have a right to feel so. I know I would personally suffer in silence
20.gif
but I hope that you find a way to ask for some compensation for your extra expenditures. How upsetting.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:58:49 PM
Author: musey

I understand your frustration, and you certainly have a right to feel so. I know I would personally suffer in silence
20.gif
but I hope that you find a way to ask for some compensation for your extra expenditures. How upsetting.

Musey can relate to your frustrations. Just do as she did and take the higher road.

I didn''t realize that the un-named show would be so cheap, I would expect the show to spring for the trip to NYC or at least help subsidize some of the expense. You are already a better person than I am, I would have refused to go to the fitting unless they paid for it. At least it will be over this Friday. I would love for you to post pictures....

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 5:14:32 PM
Author: teapot
Date: 3/17/2009 12:58:49 PM

Author: musey

20.gif

Musey can relate to your frustrations. Just do as she did and take the higher road.

I didn''t realize that the un-named show would be so cheap, I would expect the show to spring for the trip to NYC or at least help subsidize some of the expense. You are already a better person than I am, I would have refused to go to the fitting unless they paid for it. At least it will be over this Friday. I would love for you to post pictures....

I am curious to hear how this all went down as well. Only a few more days and then you don''t have to deal with it again and can focus on making your day as fabulous as possible.
I concur with those that said that your cousin''s wedding will be recalled as a circus while yours will be recalled as a classy event.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
OK. The wedding was insane. We taped for 6 hours before we could even really get ready. I''m talking like 5 takes of us just pulling and then zipping up our dresses. urg. Was exhausting! We were running so late, her photographer didn''t even really get to take pics, so she isn''t going to have many bridal party pictures for the album.

Our dresses fit horribly. Were too big on all of us, and had to be taped to us so they stayed up. None of us liked them, the fit was horrible, and the kind of material showed everything!!!!

All in all it was an OK night, she seemed happy (not sure she would say she wasn''t on camera tho) and the deco did fit her to a T - floofy and over the top. In my opinion it wouldn''t be worth it, nothing was anything I haven''t seen before, and so wasn''t worth all the hassle. But if they are happy, thats all that matters right?!?

I''m just sooooooooooo glad its OVER!!!!!!!!

n33704756_32258527_2151365.jpg

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...that certainly is OVER the top! Thanks for coming back with pics...At least it''s OVER!! Now you can get excited for your wedding
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Just.... Wow.

Over the top is an understatement.

At least she was happy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results