shape
carat
color
clarity

How would I evaluate this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alex

Rough_Rock
Here is a diamond I am considering to buy for an engagement ring. Help me understand the qulaity of the proportions. Many thanks!GIA
Round Brilliant
VS1
F
7.83-7.92 x 4.60
1.71 Carats
D - 58.4
T - 62%
Girdle Thin to slightly thick
C - very small
P - very good
S - good
F - medium blue

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are missing the crown height%, average crown angle degrees, and the pavilion depth and/or pavilion angle. With that additional data you could get some real help. As is stands you "may" have a decent looking and reasonably well cut stone, but not an "ideal" cut type. You need these other measurements before we can assist you better.Also, how much are you being asked to pay. This is certainly a very important issue, too.------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Alex, I got your email. $13k sounds good for 1.71-F-VS1. I didn't find anything below $14k for this set of qualities. As for proportions, what Oldminer is saying is that to understand quality of the proportions one need to know crown and pavilion angles. Based on total depth and table size it "may" be good looking diamond.You can ask the vendor to get Sarin measurements for the stone.Have you seen it and compared to others? I hope you will arrange independent expert opinion on this diamond before finalizing the deal.leonid

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results