shape
carat
color
clarity

How will these prongs look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I am having a setting custom made. The look of the setting is antique. The jeweler suggested 8 prongs to complete the antique look. The prongs will be together, not all around the ring. He said they will be small and not overbearing. It sounds like they may look something like this--not sure. What does everyone think?

: :
: :
confused.gif

I am meeting with him later this week to discuss it. Thank you for any input you may have. If anyone has a picture of what I am trying to describe please help.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I'm rather found of the eight prong (or double prong) look myself, and it does indeed give it more of an antique feel. However, it really is a matter of preference, so you should figure out if you really like it.

There are a few pictures of eight prongs here.
http://www.jewelryexpert.com/catalog/Engraved-Rings-Gallery.htm

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
Thanks Hest. Those are beautiful. I think the 4 split prong will compliment the ring, because of the antique look of the ring. Does anyone have pics of a 4 prong split with the "dot" look?
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Split prong (8 prong) is BEAUTIFUL...I love the older look. The prongs are usually tiny like claws.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results