shape
carat
color
clarity

How uncomfortable was your pregnancy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
ugh, at this point (32 weeks) very uncomfortable.

I am lucky in that i''ve had 2 unremarkable pregnancies> i''ve been able to exercise through both and didn''t have any problems per se, but i never feel great. I either had morning sickness, or a super stuffed up nose (feeling like i had a cold 24/7) or pelvic pain (on and off starting the 5th month) or low back/sciatic pain or just general exhaustion. Probably the most uncomfortable thing for me is the stretching in the abdomen. i am short waisted and have a very tight abdominal wall so the growing uterus is painful. Some nights i feel like i am going to tear apart. My mom was similar and actually was admitted when she was pregnant b/c her RL pain was so severe they monitored her for early labor! I thought the second baby would be better due to being stretched out a bit, but nope, very uncomforable. But all in all, totally worth it
1.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Both of my pregnancies were really easy. The only discomfort I had were nausea through the 1st trimester and then heartburn and hot flashes in the 3rd trimester with both pregnancies. But none of it was unbearable in the least. I remained very active with walking and going to the gym throughout the pregnancies and I think that helped. I also worked right up until giving birth so my mind was constantly occupied and it kept me from obsessing over every little thing that was happening to my body. I really wanted to savor all the moments of being pregnant so I''m glad I didn''t have much to complain about. I would do it all again in a heartbeat but alas, I''ll have to live vicariously through everyone else!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Mine wasn''t bad. I did have a lot of the stuff that pregnant people complain about, but most of it didn''t bother me *most* of the time.

I had all day sickness throughout most of the first trimester. I didn''t throw up often but was nauseous and had to eat little snacks all day to help with it. It was actually worst in the evening. IIRC I think I spent most of 1st tri. working in the day and just laying around snacking at night. But I didn''t miss going out or anything, I enjoyed the time at home.

2nd tri was fabulous. I did get heartburn and also calf cramps in the middle of the night.

Most of 3rd tri. was great too, but as a teacher summer came and I was off. We moved, so I had to deal with all that and setting up the new place, etc. but it was fine. Exercising daily seemed to really help.

Late in 3rd tri. I developed the PUPPPS rash (if you''ve never heard of it, don''t google...you don''t want it and don''t want to ever hear of it unless by some horrible joke of fate you have it. Seriously horrible, wouldn''t wish on my worst enemy, but it''s also really rare). I had a severe case, but it was treated with steriods so I did get a little relief. Then I also had borderline gestational diabetes that got worse, so following the gd diet was tough, but ultimately good for me as I didn''t gain any weight for the last few weeks.

I was huge and spent a lot of time lounging on the couch in the air conditioning, but overall I wasn''t miserable by any stretch of the word!

Hope your pregnancy continues to go wonderfully!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, Luckily I had a wonderful pregnancy. It started to get uncomfortable during the ending of my pregnancy. I am a back sleeper, so sleeping on my side was no fun. All the weight was, i guess, being pushed down on my hips and that hurt! I would like in the mirror and my hips would be red! I also got a LOT of heartburn! But so far, it was great! I miss being pregnant! But I am more happy that my LO is here with me!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, oobie!

Preggo with twins was ok. No morning sickness. Tired a lot. Loved being pregnant until about 2 weeks before they came. I couldn''t find a comfortable position to sit/lie/stand in. If I could have floated in a pool all day, I would have.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It was nothing compared to Pandora, but I still felt awful throughout.

- Weeks 5-6: cramps
- Weeks 5-40: lower back (pelvis) pain
- Weeks 7-23: all-day "morning" sickness
- Weeks 24-40: heartburn
- Weeks 26-40: back pain, hip pain, sciatica, insomnia
- Weeks 39-40: false labour

And I had 21 hours of back labour and a 2nd degree tear. Not very pleasant, and not looking forward to repeating the experience. DH wants another kid, and I wish he could carry it! Funny thing, he totally would if he could.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So uncomfortable. I was ALWAYS tired, never glowed. I felt hungover and SO bloated the first trimester. I guess I felt okay most of the second (though I am STILL waiting to feel energized again) but then the wicked heartburn started. I was swollen, had back aches, couldn''t sleep, was uncomfortably large, cramping throughout, REALLY bad BHs and having over 100 degree temps in my 8th month did NOT help matters. I hated being pregnant and have physical reminders of the pain and discomfort daily. Who knew one little varicose vein could cause so much pain?!?

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, compared to my non-pregnant self, I was pretty uncomfortable during pregnancy, but I think considering what happens to some women, I was fairly lucky.

The 1st trimester I was tired and nauseated. I took Zofran for the nausea, and it does cause constipation, so I had to deal with that but found it preferable to the nausea. The 2nd trimester wasn''t so bad. I did have mildly annoying heartburn (never worse than needing a Tums) in the 3rd and of course had more difficulty sleeping. Arranging pillows so that there wasn''t pressure on my hips while I was sleeping on my side was probably more annoying than the discomfort because I like to change positions a lot.

I kept referring on the Preggos board to this poem I read before I was pregnant about this woman who, at 24 weeks, can no longer see her toes and therefore has to have her husband paint her toenails. I painted my own toenails up until the end (had to sit in a different position, of course), and I kept wondering when I was supposed to become immobile like the woman in the poem. Maybe she was just milking it!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I forgot the WORST part. Tacori''s varicose veins post reminded me.

I had varicose veins in my hoo-ha. It''s like a vaginal hemorrhoid. Sucks so bad.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2010 5:55:17 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I forgot the WORST part. Tacori''s varicose veins post reminded me.

I had varicose veins in my hoo-ha. It''s like a vaginal hemorrhoid. Sucks so bad.

That is the one thing I didn''t get but I hear they are very unpleasant! I figure I will wait until I am doing having kids before I get my vein stripped b/c chances are I will get more. I can''t imagine having one *there* worked on.
14.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
My two pregnancies couldn''t have been any more different. For my first (when I was 5 years younger and in better shape), I had a horrible time. Swelled from 3 months on, on bedrest for the entire 3rd trimester, gained a huge amount of weight. Ended with a long labor and an emergency c-section. That is probably why I waited so long to have a 2nd! I just gave birth a few months ago to my 2nd son, and it was a breeze. Not very sick, no swelling (even living in the heat of FL), didn''t gain that much, my belly was still pretty small so I could get around easily. And this time, no labor...just straight to a c-section. Went to the hospital, and had a baby 2 hours later, it was great! Hope yours continues to go well!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2010 5:40:18 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
Well, compared to my non-pregnant self, I was pretty uncomfortable during pregnancy, but I think considering what happens to some women, I was fairly lucky.

The 1st trimester I was tired and nauseated. I took Zofran for the nausea, and it does cause constipation, so I had to deal with that but found it preferable to the nausea. The 2nd trimester wasn''t so bad. I did have mildly annoying heartburn (never worse than needing a Tums) in the 3rd and of course had more difficulty sleeping. Arranging pillows so that there wasn''t pressure on my hips while I was sleeping on my side was probably more annoying than the discomfort because I like to change positions a lot.

I kept referring on the Preggos board to this poem I read before I was pregnant about this woman who, at 24 weeks, can no longer see her toes and therefore has to have her husband paint her toenails. I painted my own toenails up until the end (had to sit in a different position, of course), and I kept wondering when I was supposed to become immobile like the woman in the poem. Maybe she was just milking it!

I could paint my own toenails if I sat on the front steps of our apartment complex!

I seem to remember my daughter hiccuping a lot all throughout my pregnancy. I was still a waitress at 9 months pregnant, so the bigger she got the harder it was to carry those trays!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Funny! DD had hiccups at about the same time every day when I was pregnant. She had them for about three months after she was born, too. Always around 3pm. Weird!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2010 5:40:18 PM
Author: phoenixgirl

Trust me, she was telling the truth (although 24 weeks is a bit exaggerating unless she was having multiples) - I had to get DH to put my shoes and socks on by the end as I couldn''t reach and if I dropped anything on the floor it just had to stay there in case I fell over trying to get it and couldn''t get back up. Heck, I couldn''t even get out of the bath on my own!

I went for lunch with a friend when she was 38 weeks who had been telling me how huge she was. Well, she had Daisy on her knee, dropped the menu on the floor and bent down and picked it up. Hmmm I said, huge?, I don''t think so lady!

The best thing about giving birth - other than the baby - was knowing that within days I would have ankles again!
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I was very uncomfortable through both of my pregnancies, but it''s been worse this time (I''m 3 years older now).

I had morning sickness, then terrible heartburn, awful insomnia, and I get up to pee around 3 times per night. I gained 35 pounds with both pregnancies, which isn''t awful I guess, but I have really debilitating breathlessness and dizziness from the start, so I can''t exercise and since I''m normally very athletic and active, I hate feeling so immobile. I also experienced really bad fatigue through the whole pregnancy both times - no 2nd trimester energy bump for me.

I know there are other women with much bigger problems, and I am lucky to have healthy babies, but it still sucks to have so much discomfort. I am now 40 weeks pregnant with my second, and I can''t wait for this to be over!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''m currently at a bit over 30 weeks and can say that it''s been somewhat easy and uneventful. I did get diagnosed with GD two weeks ago, but have been able to control it with diet- I hope that continues!

I do feel like I missed out a bit on the joy of feeling bebe in my belly because of my anterior placenta- I REALLY didn''t feel anything until about 25 weeks. Before then i''d ask "was that it, or was it gas?"
11.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I actually just had my baby last Sunday so the memory of being pregnant is very fresh. I had a very easy pregnancy- only threw up maybe 5 times or less and no heartburn or acid reflux. I worked out right until the end, and also worked till the end too. I did have to pee a lot more in the last few weeks and bending over to put on shoes was really hard. Baby''s kicks were uncomfortable too, but other than that, I would say it was easy. Having said that, he came 5 days early and was fairly big (for me- 8lbs, 3ozs- wasn''t expecting that), so if he''d gone the full 40 weeks or more, I shudder to think about his potential size. Having said all that, I''m REALLY glad that I''m not pregnant anymore.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Logansapphire!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results