shape
carat
color
clarity

How tobegin researching diamonds for enagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Medmike

Rough_Rock
I am want to better understand what attributes to consider in selecting a diamond for an engagement ring. All I know is how much I can spend (approx $13k) but little else. I see that there are many qualities to consider but, in which order order is still unclear to me. Thanks in advance

Medmike

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Of the four C's if you want a beautiful diamond, cut is most important. After that, figure out what's important to you/her. Does she want a flawless stone or one that is simply eye clean? What color looks appropriate to her? Some people like warmer colors, I decided to only consider D and E colored stones. Finally, what size does she want, and how much(if any) is she willing to sacrifice to get that size?

Something is going to be most important to you two. You need to figure that out for yourselves.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your upcoming engagement! How excited you must be! And how nervous... Buying a diamond can be stressful, there are so many variables that go into selecting a diamond and which determine the price. May we suggest that you focus first on the proportions of the diamond since the combination of proportions controls 98% of the visual output of a diamond... The ideal combination of proportions, or the range of desired angles and degrees, varies by shape. Excellent tutorials can be found here on PriceScope.com and on our web site http://www.niceice.com as well. We specialize in round brilliant ideal cut diamonds, but that may not be what you seek. The second most important factor is color, next to proportions, it is the most visible characteristic assuming that the diamond is "eye clean" in clarity - generally SI-1 / VS-2 in clarity and higher... This is the place to ask questions as they pop into your head! Lots of great people hang out here waiting to answer them!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not only that but you'll find yourself cracking up as Robin & Todd have added quite a bit of humor to go along with the tutorial. We have one as well for you to take advantage of (though maybe not as funny
2.gif
. The cut chapters begin here ... www.goodoldgold.com/cut.htm Between pricescope, niceice and ours you'll have a nice smorgasboard of info to help you in your quest.

Hope you enjoy.

Peace,
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results