shape
carat
color
clarity

how to tell the caret size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonsheart

Rough_Rock
I am having a problem, I have a very pretty engagement ring. I was told it was 3.4 to 3.5 carets. where can I find a scale that has the sizes of diamonds. I would like to find its correct size. thank you
confused.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
A scale won't make it since you don't know how well your diamond is cut (or maybe you do)?

From looking at your post, I understand that you do not have an independant evaluation
of your diamond!!?!?
Please, go get one.....how do you know it's not a fake?

Trichrome.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
If you have the measurements, you can get a rough idea of the weight using the following formula:
Diameter*Diameter*Height*0.0061
Example: 6.50*6.50*4.05*0.0061 = 1.043 = 1.04Cts
If the girdle is thick, you must add a few points (1-5%).
BTW, PLEASE go to an appraiser!
1.gif

dragonsheart

Rough_Rock
I will be taking it in this afternoon to a friend who deals with diamonds. I will be very mad if it is a fake.
angryfire.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Let us know ASAP!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
A well cut round brilliant should have a diameter of about 9.8mm, but get that puppy checked out!

dragonsheart

Rough_Rock
it got checked, they could not see any flaws I guess that is good.
the color is D and it is a 3.49
naughty.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
So are you saying it's D/IF??!! And it didn't come with a report??!!!!!!!!

dragonsheart

Rough_Rock
Belive me I was suprised too.
errrr.gif
They told me that they could not see anything wrong with it. I guess that is good. We bought it from a person that was getting rid of their jewelry.
appl.gif
I asked for a report and they told me that they did not have one. Now I am wondering if I will be able to get insurance on it since I dont have a report.
sick.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have it independently appraised...it will cost maybe $150 or similar but an appraisal is all an insurance co needs to insure a ring. They will tell you color, clarity, possibly cut (depending on what tools they have), table, depth, width, etc etc etc...and a nice little report for you to keep. Check out 'appraisers' tab at the top of Pscope to find one in your area, or maybe one of the appraisers here can recommend someone in your area.

1.gif

dragonsheart

Rough_Rock
thank you i will do that.
1.gif
twirl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results