shape
carat
color
clarity

How to store earring backs

ExplorePS

Rough_Rock
I feel silly not knowing the best practice on this but how do you store your earring studs in a jewelry box or case? Do you attach the backs to the earrings each time? Or do you keep it loose and separate?

I've been personally reattaching the back as I have a some jewelry box and I'm more afraid of dropping the backing and not having enough display space. However, when looking at another thread, I saw that there were other people keeping it separate and unattached that makes sense too. After 15 years of wear and tear on the backing, I had one of the curvy parts bend off... so sometimes I feel like this extra two times that I'm utilizing the backing will add up each time (pushing it in for storage and then removing it to put on the earring etc...). Earring backings aren't expensive to replace but it's more of the fear of losing the stone one day. Appreciate the pointers!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep all my backs on my earrings. I have probably more than 50 pairs of earrings. If I were to remove the backs I’d never remember which back fitted on which earring post.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I keep the backs on my earrings too, as (1) some posts are thinner/thicker than others and (2) for branded pieces, the backs are generally branded too.

But you got me thinking about whether to store unbranded/specific backs (eg jumbo backs or silicone backs) separately!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results