shape
carat
color
clarity

How to sell my rocks....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rmanning

Rough_Rock
This past xmas my mother passed on to me a few stones in the rough. She gave me around 80 ct of the rubies she had in three stones and around 100 ct of tormaline in 5 stones. I have seen in old posts my opitons on selling diamonds.... I was wondering if anyone knows of a company either online or off that buys large gems in the rough.
thankx for any help.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ryan,
Selling rough is easy if the quality is good and the price is right. The problem comes when a person believes that they have something that''s worth far more than the market does. Do you have or can you get some pictures of this material ? If you can post the pics here, there are a number of people who can comment on their potential value. Of the two types of rough the ruby has the most potential value. The basic guidelines are that the larger, the more saturated the color and the more clear the rough, the more potential value it has. As far as places to sell, well for the average person, E-bay is the easiest...and has the least profit potential. If your material is really great you might go to the Tucson show next year and ask some of the dealers there what they think and if they''d be interested.

rmanning

Rough_Rock
Sure Ill take some pics and try and post them in the next hour. I checked out ebay and I didnt see much money moving there......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results