shape
carat
color
clarity

How to sell a Tiffany Ring....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Krittercounty

Rough_Rock
I have several rings I want to sell but as usual it would be the first time selling something like this so I don''t know how to go about it. The one I am most concerned about is the Tiffany ring. It''s a .52 Lucida cut H in color and VVS1. I''ve had it for 1 year and my husband bought it for $5,000. The reason for selling is that would like to upgrade but selling a Tiffany ring and getting a Tiffany price for it, I suspect is pretty unlikely. Not to mention that I would also suspect not many jewelers would trade it in(although I could be wrong). First of all how much should I even expect to get for the ring? Second of all what avenues could I take to sell it? Is e-bay something I should even consider?
I would appreciate some expert advise on this subject. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would contact Isaac at www.signedpieces.com as they sell Tiffany rings. You will have to take a loss on it any way you sell it, sad but true. You should also give the classifieds a shot as the holiday season is rapidly approaching, make your ad special and only agree to meet the potential buyer in a public place. And of course there is ebay. I don''t know much about that but others will chime in I''m sure. Good luck!!!

Krittercounty

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Will do that for sure.
COME ON PEOPLE! There''s got to be some more info people can give me!?!?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
If you search there are several threads about selling a used ring but Kaleigh has nicely summerized them for you. This forum is focused on education and not on reselling.
Ebay, the paper, a local jeweler on consignemt and Signed Pieces are your best options.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
Tiffany would take the ring back if you trade it in on another Tiffany ring.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can also try contacting Bill Pearlman at Pearlman''s Jewelers, he sells previously owned jewelry on consignment. You won''t get what you paid but you''d surely do better than ebay. Also, going with a jeweler will bring a trust factor in than many don''t have when ebaying..

Krittercounty

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your help! I looked at a few of the options suggested to me and found that Tiffany does do a ring upgrade just once for Tiffany solitaires. i had contacted them previously and they told me otherwise, maybe a miscommunication. I know how most people feel about Tiffany on this forum.... but in case anyone is interested or someone else asks here is the response I got from Tiffany:
Tiffany & Co. offers customers the opportunity to upgrade a previously
purchased Tiffany & Co. diamond solitaire ring.
This service is available only for diamond solitaire rings, and may be
offered only once to a customer. The retail value of the new ring must
be equal to or greater than 50% of the allowance amount, as determined
by our Valuations Department.
For further information on this process, please contact a diamond
expert at a local Tiffany & Co store.

Thank you again everyone for your help. It is much appreciated.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s what we REALLY wanna know: Are you gonna do it??? When you''re upgrading a solitare do you have to stick with a solitaire or can you go "Legacy" or "Deco-inspired ring"??

I''m glad they have that policy -- & you''ll still have a Tiffany! Groovy!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I upgraded mine and it wasn''t a solitaire.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that if you''re a frequent Tiffany customer they might give you more leeway.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results