shape
carat
color
clarity

how to read an ideal scope picture for light return?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting...because to my inexperienced eye, what I notice most about my stone is 1) scintillation, followed closely by 2) fire, and then 3) white light.

Looking at the two shots that Brian posted above of ACA's, I think I prefer the one on the right. It seems quieter and deeper. That sounds weird, but it's how I perceive it. It would be interesting to find out which stone's from the New Line, and which stone's from the Classic Line.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes Scoob, I actually prefer the one on the right too. I like the flashes of color. Hmmm...yes..Brian....pipe in and solve our puzzle please.

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Funny I would rate the stone that I bought similiar
1st-Scin
2nd-Fire
3rd-White

Ours is a no tweaker.

But the brilliance scope read highest for white and colored light return...scin was close second. Maybe the colored rainbows are more predominant to the naked eye.

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Mara. Left is new, right is old. But mostly because the one on the right looks like mine, which is AGS000 and Ideal proportions, so I'm assuming a more classic cut.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Daphne, I am going to guess as well that the one on the right is from the Classic Line, and the left one the more bold New Line - bigger flashes of white light?
1.gif

I find that the scintillation makes the stone appear to have more facets. My sister-in-law, who is your everyday consumer when it comes to diamonds, looked at it and said "what kind of shape is it?"
1.gif
She wasn't immediately aware that it's round brilliant.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/19/2003 6:00:33 PM canadiangrrl wrote:

Daphne,

----------------

I guess I get to wear the short skirt.
naughty.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Mr. S.F. Doo will be flying to California ASAP if you doo.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAH!!!
rodent.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
We are very happy with it.
1.gif
It sparkles like the dickens and I'm glad we went with the F colour.
1.gif

I've just received my Ideal-Scope today and have been sitting here assessing my e-ring, a diamond pendant, and some diamond stud earrings. What a fantastic tool this is!!!

Hope Brian can apprise us of which stone is which before I have to go to sleep...
1.gif

Incidentally, Garry - which stone do you prefer, and why?
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CG...yeah I already have all my diamonds and my Signity Star CZ lined up for IdealScope usage...hehehe.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I've been looking at my diamonds with the IS for over an hour, and I own only a couple of diamonds.
1.gif
This thing is addictive...have now moved on to my CZ bracelet...

And Daphne, Mr. S.F. Doo won't be flying to you in CA tonight, because he says he has a date with the television...something about a VS Fashion Show, ha ha
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH I see where his priorities are!!!! HAH!

I forgot to remind my guy about the VS thing...good thing too because he's coming over to my MOH's house with me to watch the season finale of the BACHELOR. Yes I know. It's sick and it's wrong, but someone has to be able to talk about it tomorrow in full detail.
2.gif

We'll TiVo the VS show. I have to have some inspiration to continue to get my butt to the gym.
2.gif
Now that the weather is cooling off...I am in hibernation mode. Not a plus for the wedding dress.
errrr.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Estella or KJ?

My money's on Estella. But Bob is so...yechhhhh.

And I didn't like the ring Bob chose at Winston's.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DONT TELL ME! It's only 5:30pm here!! I haven't seen any ring choosing.

But I usually never like the one they present them with. I'm not an oval fan, seems we've had alot of ovals in the past. Whats wrong with a good RB solitaire? 2.5c?
2.gif

My money is on KJ...she's so...Michigan.
9.gif
I think they'd be great together!!

Estella is too Beverly Hills for good ole Bobby. I don't think he'd be happy there and I doubt she'd move. Apparently mortgage in LA is where its at!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
BUT HE HAS ZERO CHEMISTRY WITH KJ!!! AND HE'S ALL GOOGLY WHEN HE'S WITH ESTELLA!!!
9.gif

It's not on yet here.
1.gif
The ring they showed him choosing at Winston's was in previews in the last episode. I kinda liked Jen's ring (the three ovals) but didn't like Trista's (think it was a marquise?) Can't remember the others.
1.gif

Whose thread did we hijack, by the way?
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that's not important.....

He has chemistry with everyone, especially when he is thrusting his tongue down their throat. He's so greasy looking, I read he loves hair products...YES WE CAN TELL!

KJ and Bob are like two kids together..and I don't think he's ready for marriage...I don't see any chemistry between him and E actually. I think the most he had was with Mary--the wanna-be baby producer.

Oh and if you go onto ABC.com you can listen to their ABC Motion clips and it has a scene from tonite where his sister is telling him that she thinks he has grown alot recently (mentally!) and is he really ready to commit to someone when he is just figuring out that things out there can be pretty darn good. He says he really isn't sure that he can commit to anything right now, doesn't know and can't say. Hmmm.....
rodent.gif
He just got divorced something like less than a year ago. Rebound anyone??

This show scares me....ahhh I love it so. Hee.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
That's funny, I think he had the best chemistry with Mary, too. It's too bad she had to hammer her desire to multiply forthwith into his head so many times. Yes - make your desires known! No - don't bring up in every single conversation!

Yes, he is greasy and gross and slobbery. I think his connection with KJ is more brother/sister...he just looks like he is intrigued by Estella somehow.

I don't think he's ready to commit, either. Strikes me as the eternal frat boy. Here's my prediction - he doesn't propose - in fact, he doesn't choose either of them, if he's smart.
1.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You girls are off track a little
1.gif

Maybe you could exchange email addresses?

I understnad Brian's point of view - he likes the old style - but I quite like the tweaked.

It really is not such a big deal - when you are choosing from stones like that that are the absolute creme-de-la-creme.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!
9.gif

Brian, if WF ever needs beta testers for other new lines of ACA's...I could probably make the time to wear a stone around for a while and judge people's reactions on it.

Hee.
rodent.gif

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
My my .... We all have learned sooo much about diamonds, I.S., cut styles and "chemistry" ...of a sort...haha:O)

Richard Sherwood wrote in another thread:

"The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage."

SO it sounds to me based on the initial pictures of the two stones the second stone has greater contrast all the way to the end of the stone. (Black Arrowheads)

Ergo; tweaking reduces contrast? Ergo; reducing contrast reduces light leakage?

Contrast is an attribute associated with scint'?

In another "light", if a diamond has greater contrast what attribute is it surrendering? Perhaps light return? (Like scint for white light return or scint goes up what reacts....maybe thats a nutty question?)

What visual impact does contrast have on a stone to the naked eye?

Oh and thanks to everyone who participated here, I feel so much more informed! Sorry for all the questions .... double half mocha latte con mas mocha senior!
appl.gif

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Good lord there's a crap load of info at those links! Thanks

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of the paint websites (sherwin williams or kelly moore maybe) had a little test you took to determine how good you were with recognizing color, within other colors, darker shades of the same color, etc. Comparison tests. Interesting how your eye plays tricks on you. They had similar graphics Leo, but with different shades of color. Very interesting. Similar.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Don't the black areas between the arrows also affect (increase?) the scint of the second stone that spicolicpa
posted? There are small areas of black between the base of the arrows, as well as between the tips. Just wondered if those areas played a part as well?
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results