shape
carat
color
clarity

how to price Irradiated diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lasugar

Rough_Rock
Hi there, I''m doing a line of Irradiated diamond jewelry, and everyone seems to be pricing their diamonds all over the place. Mine are not HPHT treated, their Irradiated.

This should be fun if everyone could pitch in and see what they think these stones in Irradiated light fancy colors are worth...
(all stones are clarity enhanced to lets say VS)
-.50 carat

Like I want the cheapest ''retail'' price, so I can offer the customer a good quality at the fairest price.

One one site I saw a 8.30ish blue colored diamond for like $20grand! CRAZY! For a Irradiated diamond, give me a break! u know

Love the advise

thanks

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You’re asking for assistance in deciding what stones cost? Talk to your suppliers. Surely they'll tell you their prices. You want assistance in setting your prices? Talk to your customers and/or your accountant but a common place to start is with a markup over what your supplier is charging you. Color treated clarity enhanced stones seem to be readily available on ebay, the biggest retail market going for these things. Check for completed auctions on goods that you count as similar to yours and you'll have a feel for what your competition is charging. Whether or not you can charge more or less than others will depend on your relative selling skills. Some folks are a lot better at sales than others. (note: Completed auctions is a much better place to look for comps than current auctions. ASKING for big bucks is decidedly not the same thing as getting them)

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results