shape
carat
color
clarity

How to polish 18K gold?

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Need to hear from the jewelry experts out there. I just received a beautiful engraved Belais 18K white gold band that I purchased off eBay. I love it; however, the color of the metal is more dingy than I expected, even compared to my patina-ed platinum. Can I take it to my local jeweler and have it polished or will that damage the engraving. Can I have it rhodium dipped to get more of a white polish or is that a no no on antique jewelry?

Advice appreciated...

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Talk to your jeweler about it. Usually it's not terribly hard to do but occasionally there are complications. They should be able to give you a straight answer if they can see the price.

It's a bit like asking how to make a car go fast. The short answer is to press hard on the accellerator pedal. Although this is true, NASCAR drivers somehow find there's a LOT more to it than that.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a lovely ring- good luck with the polishing!!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the sage advice. I took the ring to my local jeweler and he rhodium plated for me. It is now white and shiny and I am very pleased with it. Unfortunately I don't have the "before" photo, only the "after"...

BelaisBand2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results