shape
carat
color
clarity

How to pick a good diamond

Busybee6778

Rough_Rock
What are the most important things to consider when searching for that perfect diamond for you???

gemilyparks

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi! If you are looking at a round diamond, the first thing you want to consider is the Cut. Excellent Cut is going to be your best bet, and that is what you should aim for. After Cut, you will want to consider Color. Anything H or above will be great. Remember to consider the color of the metal you are setting the diamond into. If you are looking at doing a yellow metal, then you can do a lower quality color (G-J). If you are doing a white metal I would definitely stay above H. After Color, think about the Clarity (how many inclusions/imperfections the stone has). Anything SI1 or higher will not allow any inclusions to be seen with the naked eye. The last "C" in the 4 C's is Carat Weight. That is really up to you, how big of a diamond do you want? I also say that it's better to go a little under the round numbers (like 1 carat, 1.5, etc.) so you can save some money and put that money towards the quality. It's nice to have a big stone, but if you don't have a good quality stone you might not be happy with how it looks! I hope this is helpful!!

decisively_unsure

Shiny_Rock
Busybee6778 said:
What are the most important things to consider when searching for that perfect diamond for you???

It's important to consider that taste is wildly subjective. Some like colourless and open settings, others like warm or fancy coloured diamonds, some like hearts and arrows, others like a more splintered look.

The most important thing to objectively consider is a diamond report. You need to know that you are getting what you are paying for, and only the GIA and AGS offer a trusted view.

Subjectively, you really need to see diamonds for yourself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results