shape
carat
color
clarity

How to narrow down top 10 diamond list?

See-Bee

Rough_Rock
I've learned alot from the information on this board. So, I've taken into consideration the cut quality, IS image, etc.

So with those important factors in mind, I've narrowed down my list to about 10 stones.
They are all relatively the same price, HCA scores < 2.0, super ideal cuts, great H&A images, and great IS images.
What would be your advice on how to decide between all of the stones?

Thanks,
See-Bee

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
List down your priorities then decide from there. Which is more impt to you, budget, carat, color, clarity?

See-Bee

Rough_Rock
Stone-cold11|1311964296|2979947 said:
List down your priorities then decide from there. Which is more impt to you, budget, carat, color, clarity?
Well, that's kind of the problem. They all meet my specifications. Is seeing them all in person the only way to make a final decision?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
all from same seller (maybe a video if you can't view them in person- different personality) or are they from different sellers?

if different, I'd go through their policy ie: return/exhange/upgrade/buyback program (if these are important you may not think of them now, but down the road they may be more important than others)

how about ring setting? if custom who do you like more? if its a designer.... can they source?

Inclusions? what kind are they?locations?

the_mad_genius

Rough_Rock
All other things being equal who has given you the best service or done the most to earn your business?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Assuming all the stones are branded -
1. Which vendor has the setting I want? The wedding band I want?
2. From which vendor do I feel I've received the best service?
3. Which vendor has the most generous return, upgrade, buyback, trade-in policies?
4. Is one vendor local, so I can see the stone before purchase?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Just to add to #3...perhaps also consider potential future upgrade selection...does the vendor's selection meet any anticipate future needs you may want (so they don't sell the shape you want or their selection isn't that great).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results