shape
carat
color
clarity

how to make sure the quality of the diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

j.c.

Rough_Rock
Hi,

We purchased a diamond through an outlet jewery store. They had to order it from central office and we had to pay for it without looking at it. We were promised that it would be certified by EGL. However, we saw it tonight and the certificate was from ABI. It is now back in the store for mounting.
As a consumer, how can we be sure of the diamond''s quality, or even if it is a genuine diamond?
Please advise us of the steps we should take.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I always advise everyone to make their diamond purchase contingent on the stone appraising out to their satisfaction by an independent appraiser.

That's the only way you're ever going to know if you're getting what you paid for.

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
ABI? What's ABI? You paid for a stone with an EGL cert, and you got something else. I would not accept the stone. Period.

magna2

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/14/2003 12:49:44 AM j.c. wrote:

Hi,

We purchased a diamond through an outlet jewery store. They had to order it from central office and we had to pay for it without looking at it. We were promised that it would be certified by EGL. However, we saw it tonight and the certificate was from ABI. It is now back in the store for mounting.
As a consumer, how can we be sure of the diamond's quality, or even if it is a genuine diamond?
Please advise us of the steps we should take.----------------

Did you get it in writing that the diamond would be EGL certified? If you did, then you have a case of seller misrepresentation. If only verbally conveyed, then you have a harder case to argue about the purchase.

If you have not already paid for it, demand that they get it certified by EGL since they stated that it would be EGL certified or at minimum have them send it to an independent appraiser of your choosing for confirmation prior to purchase.

rodent.gif

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
If you have the option to reject or return the stone, I personally would recommend doing so even if you think this stone looks great. To me, this kind of behavior fosters too much distrust. I wouldn't want to continue my relationship with this vendor.

ABI

Rough_Rock
I would like to help if you will provide me the ABI document # and a description of the diamond. Also what Outlet store it was purchased. Thank you Bud

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I would just be nervous about making such a big purchase without ever seeing the actual diamond or without seeing some detailed information about it. What kind of information about the stone did you get? Did you ask for certain specs and they found one that matched?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results