shape
carat
color
clarity

How to go about this reset from abroad!

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am wanting to reset my 1.2ct into a 3 stone using my original 0.20ct and matching it with another. I was hoping to use Yssie's 3 stone as an inspiration.

We are coming to New York to celebrate our anniversary and my 40th at the end of April. I had hoped to ship my 2 rings out, have the reset done and then pick it up in April. However this seems like a logistical nightmare with shipping, insurance and customs!

I also wondered whether I could ship my 0.20 which obviously although sentimental is much lower value and would be covered by the regular insurance provided by couriers. I can give the exact details of my 1.2 from the certificate. Is it possible to make the setting with this information and then just set the stone itself whilst I am visiting in April? I had contacted LM and he said no.

I really don't know what to do, I was so excited by this project but it seems to be much harder than I expected!!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think you request is quite reasonable. I'd ask another vendor.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe Yssie's 3 stone was made by Whiteflash. Why not reach out to them to see what they say? :wavey:

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
Thank you, are they in New York? We are only there for 3 days so can't really manage to travel.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, they are in Houston. I would suggest talking to them since they made the original - maybe they would have suggestions on how to get the diamonds from NY to Houston, if you wanted to go with them.

Now that I think of it, Diamonds by Lauren made Yssie's setting when she upgraded to the 5 stone. They are in NYC. While I have not yet worked with David from DBL, he has been a delight to speak to on the phone. Take a look at what he did for the 5 stone version - I bet he could make you a 3 stone that would be mind blowing!!!
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-my-5-stone-8-prong-trellis-reset-by-dbl.170161/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-my-5-stone-8-prong-trellis-reset-by-dbl.170161/[/URL]

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
That's great advice, I'll have a look thank you. I've seen the 5 stone too and that is beautiful. Really appreciate your help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results