shape
carat
color
clarity

How to get through it all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Found this on a friend of a friend's website BLOG. Thought it was great to read and ponder. Also good to put into practice....

Credit all goes to: Dave Pollard
http://blogs.salon.com/0002007/ This is a super weblog. A very thoughtful individual.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sense, Self-control, Understand, Question, Imagine, Offer, Collaborate

(or, in French, where the words are more nuanced yet less ambiguous: Sentir, Se Commander, Comprendre, Poser, Imaginer, Offrir, Collaborer).

Sense: Observe, listen, pay attention, focus, open up your senses, perceive everything that has a bearing on the issue at hand. Connect.

Self-control: Don't prejudge or jump to conclusions. Don't lose your cool. Focus.

Understand: Make sure you have the facts and appreciate the context. Things are the way they are for a reason. Know what that reason is. Sympathize.

Question: Ask, don't tell. Challenge. Think critically.

Imagine: Picture, hear, feel what could be. Be visionary. Every problem is an opportunity. Anything is possible.

Offer: Consider. Give something away. Create options, new avenues to explore. Suggest possibilities. Lend a hand. Help.

Collaborate: Create something together. Solve a problem with a collective answer better than any set of individual answers. Learn to yield, to build on, to bridge, to adapt your thinking.

"I know, it sounds like a Buddhist homily. Tedious. Pretentious. But it's also natural, the way things are done by creatures not burdened or enlightened by man's double-edged capacity to rationalize and moralize. When I think about applying these seven steps to every situation I face, it's not like I'm imposing something, it's more like I'm liberating myself from a lot of bad, very human habits that I need to unlearn."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results