shape
carat
color
clarity

how to get the best deal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mongol

Rough_Rock
Hey folks

I am new to the forum and to Diamonds. My question is how to keep the Jeweller/Seller honest?. When buying a valuable items worth 1000's dollars the buyer can get ripped off.

An example would be a Jeweller has provided me with a quote for a G VS1 RBC 1.0CT diamond for USD 5300 and claims it is ideal cut. How can I exactly be sure I get a quality diamond with good symmetry and propotions. The Jeweller is willing to give a valuation certificate but not a AGS/GIA or even GVS Certificate.

Regards

Mongol

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mongol, welcome to the forum. :)

What is the cut of the stone? What about return policy? Does it allow you to check the stone with independent appraiser?[/u]

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mongol. One way to ensure a good purchase is to make the sale contingent upon verification from an independent appraiser.

This is a reasonable request, which most jewelers would go along with. If he doesn't, I'd suggest moving along to the next guy.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results