shape
carat
color
clarity

How to get married in Vegas on 36 hours notice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
What a crazy crazy weekend we just had!!!

After K''s layoff last Wednesday we did some quick thinking, figured out we could save a lot of money on some expenses if we got married right away, so decided to just go for it. Our original plan was to go to Vegas the weekend before we left for Mexico, towards the end of April, to get married but the timing seemed right to move it up. We made a few calls to friends to let them know we were coming, packed a bag and jumped into the car.

We got to Vegas Friday evening, with enough time for a late meal and some quick planning. We didn''t really care what the ceremony was as long as we were married by the end. Our friends took that and ran with it. It was great - they took care of planning everything so that we could spend Saturday getting rings and a marriage license.

The first trick was to try and find a ring for a very picky boy. As we were leaving our friend''s house we passed a Kohls so we stopped in there. He found one he liked, but it was 1/2 size too big. The gal behind the counter recommended Jared because they have a large selection. Jared was on the other side of town, but we hopped in the car and headed over there. Unfortunately, they only care size 10 rings in stock and everything else had to be ordered. Not so good for a wedding that evening. Looking across the parking lot I spied a WalMart, but K didn''t like anything there. By that point he decided he wanted the ring from Kohls. Ugh. As we were headed downtown towards the courthouse we spotted another Kohls, but they didn''t have the ring he liked in stock.

Over to the courthouse/Marriage License place. Ran in, waited in line, handed over paperwork and what? You only take cash? K had to dash out to the ATM, then run back across the street. It was pretty funny to watch. We got all our paperwork in order and headed back over to the Kohls where we had started.

Whew! We finished all our errands around 2pm, then had about two hours to relax before heading over to a friend''s birthday party. At this point our friends came home and told us what they had in store for us - they had arranged for a limo to meet us when our other friend''s birthday party was over and would take us to a drive-thru wedding chapel. Hurray! This was exactly what we had in mind - fun, cheesy, and very Vegas.

Fast forward through the birthday party and some interesting times playing Bingo, and the limo driver arrived to pick us up! He brought my flowers with him.

ericarbefore.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It''s about TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
We snapped a quick photo before the ceremony.

ericarwindow.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY for Wedding Window!!!!!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
We had the limo full of friends, all of whom were snapping photos and posting them to facebook as the ceremony was happening. It was SO much fun! The officiant literally leans out the window, like you are at McDonalds.

ericarceremony.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
It took less than 5 minutes, then she handed us our paperwork and WE WERE MARRIED!

ericarcertificate.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woot Friends!!! And yay for K tickling you!!!! Provides more fun faces from Erica!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Marriage license!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Our friends had arranged for a bottle of Dom Perignon to be in the limo, chilling. Of course, there were no champage flutes so we sipped it out of styrofoam cups.

ericarchampagne.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for Dom!!!! (How was it anyway?!) And did K make a mess? And what shoes were you wearing?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe we are married! And have the rings to prove it!

ericarhandsafter.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay wedding rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I''m excited, can you tell?!)

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
And since this is PS, here is some ring ****. Oh, and K''s Kohl''s ring is actually pretty nice! Not bad for $50...

ericarrings.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:41:49 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yay for Dom!!!! (How was it anyway?!) And did K make a mess? And what shoes were you wearing?
I think someone gave you too much caffeine tonight...

I was wearing my Dansko clogs. Oh well! I had about 20 minutes to pack so literally went running out the door wearing what I had worn to work. At least my Danskos are comfy!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. I love the ring shot. Can we get one in the sunshine sometime?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:45:12 PM
Author: EricaR
Date: 3/4/2009 11:41:49 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I think someone gave you too much caffeine tonight...

I was wearing my Dansko clogs. Oh well! I had about 20 minutes to pack so literally went running out the door wearing what I had worn to work. At least my Danskos are comfy!
Only you''d be wrong! I''ve had too many girl scout cookies. One would think I''d be exhausted. But no. It helps that I''m avoiding doing my math homework...

Well I can''t say anything because I was wearing my green crocs when he proposed. Green crocs and an otherwise stylin'' outfit...

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! You guys look so happy!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
That''s so cute! love the spontaneity! UBER romantic in my opinion! Funny thing is, my friends would all love for me to do something like this, since I don''t want a ''wedding''. Congrats!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Erica!!!! I love the pics!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Hooray! Congratulations! Your wedding sounds awesome, and you look so happy and radiant in the photos you posted. Best wishes for a long and happy life together!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These pictures are absolutely adoreable - i love that all your friends were there with you, and i love the drive through!!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I can''t recomment this type of "wedding" enough. It was WONDERFUL! No stress, no fuss, no muss no nothing. Just love, laughter and lots of fun.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I love the pics.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! The pictures are fab, and it sounds like it was TONS of fun :)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Aww, congratulations Erica!!! You guys both look so happy to be getting married!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Woo hoo! So much fun! Congratulations! Did you have your wedding band already? Did you wear the jewellry your mom made you?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations you both looks so amazingly happy :).

Your wedding sounds like it went fantastically and really romantic and fun as well.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your wedding! It looks like heaps of fun, and yay for not having wedding planning stresses for months on end!!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I am so pleased for you! It looks like things worked out really well. And what a story to be able to tell your kids later. Congrats, and best of luck on your marriage.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Erica! It looks like it was so much fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results