shape
carat
color
clarity

How to decide?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Margot

Rough_Rock
For the longest time I felt sure that I wanted an engagement ring in the style of the Tiffany legacy. Then I fell in love with the cushion cut Harry Winston micro pave look. However, since lurking on this site I cannot decide between a pear, cushion or oval! There are so many beautiful examples of engagement rings, it makes it hard to decide. I still like the micro pave style with a halo, but that is the only common denominator.

Has anyone else been in this situation? How did you finally decide on which style to choose?

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Margot,

PS can certainly contribute to indecision!!! I know I''ve changed my mind close to ten times since joining. Have you gone to try on rings in person? That can really help because while all the rings look lovely on thier owners here, maybe a certain shape/style will look better on you.

If that doesn''t work, all I can say is plan to get a few RHRs in the future!!!

Margot

Rough_Rock
I''ve been thinking about buying CZ rings in the different styles and wearing them around to see how I like the shape. Hopefully when I put it on a particular ring, I''ll "just know."

I''ll definitely be on the hunt of RHR''s...this site has started an unhealthy obsession!
18.gif

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
As silly as it can sound to some--the idea of buying various CZ rings and wearing them around is a great idea! It really is.

Personally, I really like cushions because they have an antique, yet classic, look. Ovals make my long thin fingers look too long and thin. I don''t like how pears look like a tear drop. However, those are just my opinions. The best thing you can do is try things on and listen to your gut!

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Its a nice dilemma to have. I often get clients who are torn between the shapes that you have described.
One thing that may help you decide is size: for the same carat weight an oval and pear will look much larger than a cushion cut diamond. In fact cushion cut diamonds look smaller than the same carat round brilliant diamond as they tend to be deeper. Pear and oval diamonds look larger as they have larger tables.
Hence I second Lucy''s recommendation to try on the different shapes in the shops in your chosen carat or budget range and see which you like.

AS CZ do not really have the same cut or sparkle of diamond especially in fancy shapes I am not sure how much that will help.

Margot

Rough_Rock
Yes, I always like cushions for the same reason. My fingers are on the longer side already (size 7) so an oval will probably be the first one I can rule out. I don''t know why the pear appeals to me...probably after I saw Phoenix''s ring...lol.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pheonix''s ring is lovely! I second the CZ idea. That is exactly how I decided I wanted a 5 stone for a wedding band.
Bought a CZ 5 stone and wore it for a month or two and knew it was exactly what I wanted! BTW, I was torn between
a pear and a princess cut. I finally decided on a pear (which I love). Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results