shape
carat
color
clarity

How to deal with neighbor issue...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you consider replacing your present light with a motion sensor light? A motion sensor light has the element of surprise and the mutants will think twice about ringing your bell if they know they will be clearly seen when they approach your door.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d disconnect the doorbell. If someone really wants you to answer the door, they''ll knock. Maybe there is a wireless doorbell system you could actually turn off at night, so it wouldn''t be waking your son, since that would be my main concern. I''m guessing you don''t have a home owner''s association or anything. Really, modifying the doorbell is the least confrontational and these kids *will* grow out of this eventually.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Lyra, we do have a HOA....I just don''t know if I want to have my name involved in anything, ya know? I''m going to see if anything happens after this letter goes out. And we are installing motion senor lights as well. Thanks:)

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Forget being nice...be honest. It sounds like its time for you to ring their door bell and fill the parents in...

I''m all for the theory of "kids will be kids"...but when it comes to respecting adults and plain old manners, I draw the line when it comes to make excuses.

Rude is rude, no matter how old you are.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
**UPDATE**

Well, guess what happened yesterday? Our doorbell rang around noon and there on the front porch were the 2 boys and their father. They looked very embarrassed and said they were sorry for ringing doorbells and running. They also gave us a handwritten apology that said it would never happen again. I thanked them for the apology and then watched them go to the next house to do the same thing. They had stacks of letters in their hands. I am happy their parents made them do this and hopefully they will keep a better eye on them from now on. Thanks for all the advice!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a great end to the story!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s really great Steph!!! I think that was a great thing the parents did, I hope I never have to do that with my twin boys but if they cause trouble I will remember that as a really great way to handle it.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
WHOA, Steph! That is awesome. I have to be honest, I''m really surprised - but hey, it''s always good when people do the right thing. Good for those parents.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 12:46:42 PM
Author: Elmorton
WHOA, Steph! That is awesome. I have to be honest, I'm really surprised - but hey, it's always good when people do the right thing. Good for those parents.

Ditto! That's awesome-it sounds like they're good parents after all-they were just a little clueless about their kids' behavior!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I''m admittedly impressed at how the parents handled the situation. Good for them for teaching their kids politeness and responsibility instead of getting defensive and lashing back at you. Too many weird people in this world, for sure. I hope the problem is gone for good so your precious boy isn''t woken up by the doorbell any longer!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad that it''s over! Sounds like the parents had no idea (which is scary).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 12:50:42 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 1/25/2009 12:46:42 PM
Author: Elmorton
WHOA, Steph! That is awesome. I have to be honest, I''m really surprised - but hey, it''s always good when people do the right thing. Good for those parents.

Ditto! That''s awesome-it sounds like they''re good parents after all-they were just a little clueless about their kids'' behavior!
Thritto. Thanks for the update Steph!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, guys. I''m glad it is over too! I am impressed by the way they handled it too...maybe we will even end up friends, who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results