shape
carat
color
clarity

how to compare size between different cuts???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goterps

Rough_Rock
so I am trying to compare square cuts (jubliee, radiant)and round cuts... I am trying to figure out how they compare as far as size... I am not quite sure how this would work

for example I am looking at two 1.09ct stones
one round and one jubilee... I am wondering when put side by side which one is going to look larger
here are the details

jubilee: length = 6.07, width = 6.08, table = 3.90
round: diameter = 6.69, table 3.87

I tried doing the math but it didn''t seem to make sense

reena

Ideal_Rock
i may be way off base here but wouldn't you calculate the rough "surface area" of the RB by using the pi * r squared formula? whereas with a perfectly square stone the area would be calculated using l*w?

if so you could get a pretty good estimation for the RB, that is: 3.14 times (3.35 squared)

the jube will be tricker as it isn't a perfect square, so the l*w number is going to be a bit larger than it should be. but that might be a rough estimation.

hope that helps?

reena

Ideal_Rock
so using those formulae, the RB would have a "surface area" of 35.23, whereas the jube's surface area comes out to be 36.91. but, because the jube isn't a perfect square, it will actually look a little smaller than that.

experts, did i do that correctly?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The relative size of the two diamonds in the picture is the same as of the two you describe. Hope this helps
1.gif

60fl.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about this: isn't the square bigger ?
1.gif

60fls.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results