shape
carat
color
clarity

How to compare Platinum Comfort Fit wedding bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mre

Rough_Rock
I hope I''m posting to the right forum. For my wedding band, I want to get a simple 6mm platinum comfort fit ring, but I''m having trouble comparing the online retailers. For this type of band I''m seeing prices range from $1000 - $1500, and I really can''t tell what accounts for the difference in price (non of these are branded rings). What questions should I ask the retailer to make an accurate comparison?

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Ask them how much it weighs. A true comfort fit will have to be fairly thick/heavy. You can get a 6mm pt band say size 7 that's 5 grams, and you can get one that is 20 grams. Obviously the 20 gram one is worth aprox. 4x the 5 gram one, and the 5 gram one will definately not be a true comfort fit, not enough material.

Best of luck :)

mre

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the answer, that makes sense. That said, is there any general guideline for what weight not to go below.? For example, would a 5g platinum band be considered "cheap"?

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
what ring size?

for 6mm, say size 7, I''d guess anything less then 12-15g is too thin. For 6mm size 10, I''d guess anything less then 15-18g would be too thin for a true comfort fit. Those are just educated guesses I could be off a bit :)

Sorry if I don''t reply further, I''m leaving for a week to ensenada, mexico on a cruise :)

mre

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help. My ring size is 9, so I guess my question would be what is the minimum weight I should get for this type of band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results