shape
carat
color
clarity

How to Clean and Polish Titanium Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WirelessRoute

Rough_Rock
My wife purchased my wedding band from Avant-Garde ( www.titaniumstyle.com ) in November 2006. We promptly received the wedding band and its great. We ordered a Domed Titanium Ring with White gold inlays. We opted for the polished ring rather than brushed.

My question is about cleaning and removing scratches. It seems the polish gets scratched very easily. Is there a polish or cleaner that is recommended by Anyone?

We know we can send the ring back in once a year, is there anything we can ourselves do to keep the ring looking new and help remove scratches?

After a month my wife took it into a local jewelry store in the mall and they made the ring look new again for free. Its a semi hassle...is there at home remedy or polish/cleaner I can buy thats safe ?

Thanks in advance for any help

WirelessRoute

Rough_Rock
Anyone any tips ?
15.gif

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
A titanium ring can be polished with either a waxy or liquid polish made for stainless steel. There are a bunch of polishes in the automotive departments of places like Wal-Mart that can work. Brand names include Zam, Simi chrome polish, Blue Away, and others. Some car waxes or even toothpastes with fine abrasives work well too. It can be done by hand with a cloth, but will go quicker to get a small cotton buff for a Dremel tool. If the ring has deeper scratches, they can be taken out by very fine sandpper of 400 or 600 grit before polishing. I prefer to wet sand with WD-40. The ring should polish out to mirror finish from there. I use a big buffing wheel to get the final whammy on my rings, but the Dremel does a nice job.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mothers Mag Cleaner from autoparts store or Wal-Mart. I use it for all kinds of metals.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results