shape
carat
color
clarity

How to choose a yellow diamon on-line

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

QnCobra613

Rough_Rock
Can anyone please share your experiences on buying a yellow diamond on-line.
I have been to the IceStore, Diamonds by Lauren and Schneider websites and personally, I''m finding it difficult to choose a stone.
Seeing the stones in person, I like the more "lemon color" somewhere between the fancy light and yellow, but viewing all these stones with all the different specs, I''m wondering how easy it is to purchase them on line? Just from viewing them in person, I know that they can be either really light where there''s just a hint of yellow or too yellow for my taste?
Does one purchase the stone first? Then view it, appraise it etc., then have it set? Or is it more common to choose a stone and have it set in a setting of choice, then have it sent for appraisal?
The prices on line are very hard to resist. If anyone has experience with some of these websites, I''d really appreciate your experience.
Thank you.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hard question. you realize it will not always be lemon colored?

I like lemon yellow, too.

rlikng

Rough_Rock
I''m also looking for yellow diamond lately. Going through different websites and find very difficult to judge the color and fire on- line. I finally bought one in local jewellery shop. I do think you need to view diamond personally. Color did vary much under different lighting.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
With a fancy color, I would choose a place that will have no problem with you returning the diamond within 10 days or so if you can't see it before you buy it. It is just too hard to judge color by pictures and descriptions can be very misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results