shape
carat
color
clarity

How to be a gracious bride-to a sister in law to be

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I have been very absent lately, with school and attending my fiance''s sister''s wedding. I wanted to honor the event by chatting about how great a job she did at making me feel included without asking me to be a bm. We are similar in age and get along great, though don''t know each other all that well. We see each other at holidays, and have had the opportunity to take a vacation together with our guys recently.

From the very start, she had been introducing me as her "sister to be" to her friends. She was proactive including me in family photos, I had a "reserved" seat in the family section (my df was a groomsman). She invited me up to the bridal suite to get my hair done by the hairdresser who was doing the bm''s hair and general hang out with the bms and help her get ready. This pretty much amazed me. I made myself useful and was a good extra pair of hands since I didn''t need to be fully dressed at the same time as everyone else.

By the end of the night we were joking about hiring her to plan my wedding!

These were all little things, but really went a long way to make me feel included in her day, and the family.

I feel so lucky to be joining df''s family.

Cheers.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
She sounds like a real gem :), I would probally write her a nice card letters don''t get sent often nowadays so it something I know I would appreciate :).

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Yes, write her a card, or even send her a lil posy of flowers!!!
She sounds like a real treasure. Look after her!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience at your FI''s sister''s wedding! She sounds like a great girl and so very thoughtful.

Its great to hear this sort of story after all the horrible bridezilla stories we hear about bride''s mistreating their family on their wedding day. Thanks for sharing!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
She sounds great! What a nice sister in law to be!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
That is so sweet, what a nice sister to be! Mine is the exact same and I''m so grateful.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
What a nice post! When I read the title I was all ready for a bridezilla post a la DB!

It's nice to hear that some people are gracious and have good manners (outside of PS ladies, of course, who are always gracious
2.gif
)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
A nice handwritten card sent in the mail and something small... if you catch something you''ll think she''ll like.

She sounds truly wonderful!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your suggestions about sending a note. I wasn''t sure if would be appropriate or not, but based on all of your responses, I''m excited to do so.

I totally agree that we tend to hear more of the crazy family drama, it''s nice to know that there are other versions out there. (Not that we''re perfect of course)

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
wow mayachel, I wish my sister-in-law-to-be was as grateful as you are. I agree, send her a nice card and or flowers, it really sounds like she is a very sweet person. How awesome that she is your sister-in-law
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results