shape
carat
color
clarity

How tightly do you wear your tennis bracelets?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have it at a size where there's solid contact all around the wrist, or is it loose enough so that it sags a bit?

If yours keeps solid contact, does it ever bother you after a while?

If you wear yours loose, does yours flip up and down the wrist or does it slide down (right-side up)?

Q

Queenie60

I like it 1/4" to 1/2" looser than my wrist size. For instance, my wrist is 6", I like my bracelet to be 6.5". Definitely not tight but not too loose.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it 1/4" to 1/2" looser than my wrist size. For instance, my wrist is 6", I like my bracelet to be 6.5". Definitely not tight but not too loose.
Like Queenie. Probably closer to 1/4. I like my bracelets on the tighter side.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like looser. It spins a bit over the day but in hotter weather it’s tighter.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I happen to have mine on today, so here are a few pics:
8098A4AF-299B-479A-89F4-3F7298DCF718.jpeg 1942C2A0-E686-4A83-9BC8-A266C0C09C53.jpeg

The first pic shows where it normally sits. The second pic shows how loose it is when it slides down to my wrist bone (and you can also see the spot where it normally sits). :))

It never bothers me. In fact, I barely notice that I have it on! It's very comfortable. Also, it never flips over (don't think it can) and rarely slides down to my wrist bone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wrist is about 6-6.25 and I wear standard 7" bracelets. I don't think my diamond bracelet flips. I do like it to hang down a little when my arm is down. I don't wear my watches tight, either, but they are shorter than the bracelet.

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why is it called a tennis bracelet?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Interesting.

https://www.leaf.tv/articles/the-history-of-the-tennis-bracelet/

The name "tennis bracelet" came about after an incident at the 1987 U.S. Tennis Championships involving tennis champ Chris Evert. She was wearing an in-line diamond bracelet while playing one of her matches, and the clasp broke. Her diamond bracelet slipped off her wrist. She requested that the match be suspended until she found her bracelet. Her request was granted, and because of this incident, the bracelet became known as a diamond tennis bracelet.

New Trend
The incident led the way to a whole new fashion trend in diamond tennis bracelets. Other players followed Chris Evert's fashion sense and started wearing diamond bracelets while playing tennis. Gabriela Sabatini and Serena Williams are two players among many who were seen wearing expensive diamond bracelets in the years that followed.

Design Change
This 1987 event also led to a design change in diamond tennis bracelets; many manufacturers started including a safety chain along with the clasp. Tennis bracelets were not originally designed to be worn during tennis matches -- however, if you were able to afford this type of jewelry and wore it as a sports accessory, the design change kept the bracelet from falling off the wrist if the clasp broke.

Variatious Types
Although the classic version of the tennis bracelet has diamonds set in yellow gold, today you have many more choices. There are different gemstones to choose from, such as rubies, garnets, sapphires or emeralds. Cubic zirconium, a diamond lookalike, is sometimes used, making the bracelets more affordable. Along with yellow gold, the bracelets are made using white gold, sterling silver and platinum. Now any bracelet with an in-line, repetitive design is considered a tennis bracelet.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chris Evert was wearing a diamond line bracelet during a match; it fell off her wrist mid-match and she refused to continue until it was found. From there on out they have been called "tennis bracelets"

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Huh interesting. So what were they called pre-1987? Just "bracelets"?

Chris Evert was wearing a diamond line bracelet during a match; it fell off her wrist mid-match and she refused to continue until it was found. From there on out they have been called "tennis bracelets"

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I've read, there doesn't seem to be a common name for them. Probably just a diamond eternity bracelet or something similar.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the two that I wear everyday. .33s and .20s FIY. I also have another bracelet .16s that I don't wear anymore that rolled around, drove me crazy, it was machine made. The two that I bought from Wink do not do that, they are hand assembled, each diamond mounting connected by wire. All 3 bracelets are 6.5 inches. 20180329_110558.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cflutist wowza.:kiss2:

This is how I wear them.

hrhandhercrown.jpg

:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it looks GORGEOUS on you!!! :love::lol:

haha I misspoke please accept my apologies. I meant to write this is how HRH Francesca wears my tennis bracelets.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha I misspoke please accept my apologies. I meant to write this is how HRH Francesca wears my tennis bracelets.

Oh! I just assumed she took over the keyboard and was posting under your user name! :lol-2::lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! I just assumed she took over the keyboard and was posting under your user name! :lol-2::lol:

Haha don't put that past her. I have caught her texting @marcy 's fur babies late at night planning all sorts of things behind my back. She is a very mischievous kitty.

blackkittynailfile.gif

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fit two fingers under the bracelet. It doesn't flip.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My wrist is approximately 6 inches and my bracelet is 6.5 inches. It doesn’t flip over and slides down my wrist quite easily. It’s fits perfectly for me.
I do like how it fits closely, there’s less chance of me getting it snagged or caught as there’s less slack in the bracelet.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

They are also called rivière bracelets in my country, and the necklaces of this type are also often called rivière necklaces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results