mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I'm 5' 3'' and DH is 6' 3''.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
5'6", DH is 6'2".

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm either 4' 8" or 4' 9". My husband is 6'.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am 5'11" and my husband is 6'2"... I want to know where all the tall LADIES on this post get their clothes... I have such a hard time finding things that are long enough!!!! I order almost everything... and I can wear Joe's Jeans.... they are long enough and JCrew Catalog stuff....

My inseam is 36"... I am all legs.. it's a pain!!! I have always said.. everyone wants to be tall but no one wants to make clothes to fit people who are tall..... all my short friends get mad because they have to cut things off while I am trying to figure out how to make them longer....

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm 5'5" and DH is 5'8". He gets irritated because his driver's license says 5'6". I guess they don't update that after you're initial license is issued.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Me, I'm 5'6", hubby is 6'2" :D

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am 5'2"

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1317773516|3033394 said:
I am 5'11" and my husband is 6'2"... I want to know where all the tall LADIES on this post get their clothes... I have such a hard time finding things that are long enough!!!! I order almost everything... and I can wear Joe's Jeans.... they are long enough and JCrew Catalog stuff....

My inseam is 36"... I am all legs.. it's a pain!!! I have always said.. everyone wants to be tall but no one wants to make clothes to fit people who are tall..... all my short friends get mad because they have to cut things off while I am trying to figure out how to make them longer....

Oh, I know! At least being short, you can hem stuff. But we tall ladies can't make the material grow! :rodent:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tall ladies, I shop J. Crew online for coats and pants, Gap online for tops and jeans, Patagonia has pretty generous sleeve lengths but I have not tried their pants yet, Arc'teryx GoreTex shells are very generous with sleeve length and the Theta is not parka length but definitely hip length...American Eagle Outfitters have long lengths in denim and many of their tees are long and lean fit which means a nice lengthy torso...if I think of any other companies who are great for talls I'll come back and post them here.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I'm about 5'8

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Haven|1317745105|3032960 said:
Hahahahaha! I'm such a Chicagoan:
When I read your post, I thought you meant you looked taller than The Fridge, as in Refrigerator Perry of the '85 Bears.(I thought "Well, better to be taller than WIDER than The Fridge!")

I'm 5'10", by the way. I always thought I was 5'9.5", but DH measured me a couple weeks ago. Maybe I'm still growing.

The Fridge :bigsmile:
william-refrigerator-perry-264x350.jpg

ETA: DH is 5'7"-5'8"ish, forgot to add that.

Omg haven this had me lmao. The fridge. :lol:

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Monarch--I buy jeans at the Buckle now. In really haven't found them to fit my anywhere else. I also have a 36 inch inseam. For other stuff it's hit or miss. Old navy carries some stuff in tall online but they don't have xs and I usually need that in their talls. gap, banana republic, loft...I can usually order regular sizes though...it just depends. Pants are another story. And dresses? Forget about it!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm 5'10" and DH is 5'11.5"

He'd be mad if I didn't include that 1/2 inch... :cheeky:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I'm 5'4 and S/O is 5'10.5 :)

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
As I posted above, I'm 5'2, but my best friend is 5'11 with a 36 inch inseam. Like Beesha, I know she shops at the Buckle and anywhere they have jeans with sizes in inches. We haven't lived in the same town for years now, so it's been a while since we were shopping together. But she always does a good job of finding clothes that fit and look great on her.

My problem is that I'm often between the petite in average size (as in, average is usually far too long and petite is short enough on me to look weird). I sometimes wonder who they make clothes for anyway, since everyone seems to have issues.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tall ladies--Do you have a Cache near you? I'm not as tall as some of you at 5'10", but I do need long pants and Cache's are perfect. They're pretty sexy, too, I must say.

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
I am 5'2" and FI is 5'6".

April20

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1317755475|3033145 said:
I'm a mite under 5'5, DH is 6'1.

April - I don't think I've ever seen someone 6'8!

He basically has to slightly tilt his head when he goes thru doorways! It's crazy. At 6' DH is one of the shortest people on his dad's side and the tallest on his mom's side.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1317825888|3033830 said:
Tall ladies--Do you have a Cache near you? I'm not as tall as some of you at 5'10", but I do need long pants and Cache's are perfect. They're pretty sexy, too, I must say.

I've never tried their pants... assumed they would be too short... but I like there dresses and blouses...so I will have to check it out.. thank you for the reco!!!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm 6 feet tall (well 5 11.7 if you want to get technical). It used to be very hard to find clothes, but I have noticed that clothes are longer lately. I can buy pants at Guess now (maybe Banana Republic some day sigh)! Most shirts are long enough to cover my stomach so I'm happy. I remember the nightmare trips to the mall when I was in highschool. The pants were too short and my stomach was always hanging out. I looked so awkward. I'm thrilled whenever I find nice clothes that fit!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beesha77|1317784254|3033543 said:
Monarch--I buy jeans at the Buckle now. In really haven't found them to fit my anywhere else. I also have a 36 inch inseam. For other stuff it's hit or miss. Old navy carries some stuff in tall online but they don't have xs and I usually need that in their talls. gap, banana republic, loft...I can usually order regular sizes though...it just depends. Pants are another story. And dresses? Forget about it!

We have the Buckle here...I actually used to buy jeans there (Silvers, Lucky Brand) when I was in college! I still have a few pair of those 10 years later, ha ha. I've been doing well with Joe's Jeans, but my inseam is more like 34" and they are 36" I think? So one pair of mine is really frayed at the back of the hems. Boo. I need to grow another two inches! :bigsmile:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1317826818|3033839 said:
Haven|1317825888|3033830 said:

I've never tried their pants... assumed they would be too short... but I like there dresses and blouses...so I will have to check it out.. thank you for the reco!!!
Some of their pants are really long. I'm wearing a great pair of white slacks right now with a three-inch heel and they're perfect length. (My inseam is 35', for reference, so shorter than some of you on here.)

I think the pants are so long because the typical Cache customer is going to wear high heels. :cheeky: I love their sexy little dresses, too. DH and I went on a great shopping spree there over Labor Day weekend. So much fun.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
I'm 5'4" (finally! I was 5'3.5 for too long) and SO is somewhere between 5'8" and 5'10"

It's a shame you tall ladies can't find normal length pants! All of my pants are too long on me!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Can't help any of the tall ladies with clothes. But if anyone is in the market for ski/snowboard winter stuff, check out Norrona brand. They make all their stuff for super tall people. It's a Norwegian company so everything is for super tall people. I *love* their stuff but I'm way to short for them.

I'm 5'2" (5'3" with shoes) and DH is 5'11"

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
5' or 5' 1"..somehow the Dr's office gives me that extra inch..whatever, I'll take it. JD's 6ft.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm 5'3 and DH is 6'5...it works for us, though I wouldn't mind taking a couple of his inches for myself...then I wouldn't have to shorten pants all of the time and he wouldn't struggle to find pants with a long enough inseam! :cheeky:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm 5'7 and dear husband is...much taller than me!!! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results