shape
carat
color
clarity

How soon is too soon to get a w-band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
So I was recently engaged (about 3 months ago) and we are planning either a September 2008 or 2009 wedding (as finances dictate).
I have been looking at w-bands (not really seriously just browsing) and came across one that I think will match my ering well (but at the same time not be too "matchy"). The main side stones of my ering are bezel set .15 RBs and I found a band that is 11 .07 RBs bezel set. The best part is the RBs on my ering have milgrain on the bezel and so does this band.

Anyway enough on that... I was just wondering for all those ladies here that have bought the w-band far in advance to the wedding, how far in advance and what made you get it at that time?

Thanks in advance
1.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
If it''s exactly what you want and you can afford to get it now, then you''re probably better off getting it now, becasue it may not be availabe or the pice may go up before the wedding. If you''re not sure, or you think you might change your mind, them wait a while longer.

My original wedding set came as a set, and the band sat in it''s little box for over two years.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too soon: before you have the guy :)

Seriously, I just got engaged three weeks ago and I''m going to order my wedding band (July 08 wedding) as soon as I decide what I want! The sooner the better, if you ask me. (Then you get to take it out and wear it whenever you want!)

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2007 5:04:10 PM
Author: Haven
Too soon: before you have the guy :)

Seriously, I just got engaged three weeks ago and I''m going to order my wedding band (July 08 wedding) as soon as I decide what I want! The sooner the better, if you ask me. (Then you get to take it out and wear it whenever you want!)
OMG, TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Anyone else?? Ladies...?
3.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think there is a such thing as too soon if you''re already engaged. I plan to start looking very soon after getting the ring because I want to see what will match with it well without being made for the ring (too matchy matchy as you said). Okay, I should admit this, I was actually scoping out bands yesterday and I haven''t even gotten the Ering yet...now THAT is too soon!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
If it is right, then go ahead and get it. It you aren''t sure, then wait.

I have made the mistake of waiting to buy something and finding out it was gone when I went back to get it.

You are engaged. It is not too soon to get the wedding ring.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I agree what that''s no such thing as too soon if you''re engaged. It is difficult to not wear it though! I got my wedding band about 10 months before my wedding.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go for it! If you change your mind, you can resell... but if you don''t get it you might be kicking yourself later!!!
2.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say go for it! My FI bought my wedding band at the same time as my engagement ring. There was a specific band that Whiteflash strongly recommended to go with my engagement ring, so we got that. I don't think it's too soon. My FI is in the middle of trying on bands now to get an idea of what he likes. I imagine that we'll order it from WF within the next couple of months probably.

ETA: I forgot to answer part of your question. We got engaged on May 6th and our wedding's not until nexy July.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!!! That was what I needed to hear... I have the same fear of not getting it and not being able to find something again later. Like musey said I could always sell it if it does not work out (or wear it as a RHR
3.gif
)

Thanks again everyone!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results