shape
carat
color
clarity

How small does a 3 sided pave band come?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have pics of this or know where/if I can get one? I am looking for something really small, 2mm maybe?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that seems like a lot of holes to punch into 2 mm.

anyway. if you have 1.5mm melee, 60% depth is .90 mm, and culet to culet is already 1.8 mm, plus metal? seems like it would be more than 2mm.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
ok, I see how that wouldn''t work. What do you think is the smallest I could get?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
do a search on crushed pave rings .

think also about metal fatigue. say you have about enough metal for a paper clip, and you punch enough holes in it for three sided pave. then you wear this piece of metal and exert forces on it. metal will give, flex, and bend for a time, then on the 4203rd force exerted on it it will implode, crack, or break.

just like repeatedly bending a paper clip.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michael b makes a 3 sided pave ring that''s 2.2mm..I wouldn''t want to go any thinner than that for the durability issues mentioned above..

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have a Hearts on Fire three stone ring with 3 sided pave on the shank and it is pretty thin say around 2mm or possible a bit larger. I had it sized down from a 6 to a 5 and I put it in my ultrasonic cleaner every week and I've haven't lost a stone or had any problems.

Edited to add: In looking at the Whiteflash website I see that their halo micro pave band is 2.4mm and it appears to be pretty thin.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 9:24:02 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Michael b makes a 3 sided pave ring that''s 2.2mm..I wouldn''t want to go any thinner than that for the durability issues mentioned above..
leon mege has some that are 2.2 on his website as well. I really wouldn''t go any lower than this for durability reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results