shape
carat
color
clarity

How similiar in size...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling

Shiny_Rock
should two diamonds be for earings...about .25 to .30 each...and what about color and clarity assuming you get a really good cut? thanks for anyones input!
wavey.gif
wacko.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi bling:

Your question is a little wide open, but I'll try to help. If you are looking at .25 - .30 each, that is a good size for earrings.

Cut is important, but you do need to start with a budget. The price will vary according to the color and clarity you are looking for. If you are a D-F, IF -VS1 customer the price will obviously be higher. If you are looking to be in the lower budget range, you are quite safe looking at 1-J SI1-2 diamonds, on condition that they are well cut.

For round diamonds try to stay as close to ideal as possible. A starting point would be to make sure that the table % is between 53- 57% and the depth % is between 59.5 - 62.2%.

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions
1.gif

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Lesley.
1.gif

They set standards for precision super-ideal cutting, so her suggestion for a 53-57 table is great, but on a +/- 0.25ct stone you could go up to a 60% table. Try to match tables as close as possible... Not more than 1.5% difference.
1.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lesly and giangi,
yes, they would be +/- .25 each..about 1/2 ct total...
i agree that i can sacrifice a little color and clarity, with a very good cut...hopefully getting the most for my money. i dont see the need to get super high clarity and color on stones that most people will not look so closely at...lets say i go for .25..how different in size can they get before someone will notice that they are in fact two different sizes?
i am definitely aiming for ideal stones...something that will give off as much light return as possible..
one last question..will online vedors also set diamonds for earings? thanks again to all who responded...and those yet to respond..
appl.gif
rodent.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
bling:

Once you have decided which online vendor you are going with, you can ask if they set the diamonds in earrings. Many of us do.

Regards,

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results