shape
carat
color
clarity

How should I use this ingredient?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m planning to make broiled swordfish for dinner tonight and I''m serving it with either wild rice or pasta. I have a can of artichoke hearts that I was thinking of using somehow. Unfortunately other veggies are in short supply in my house. I have fresh lemons, garlic and onions, and parsley. Should I add the artichoke hearts to the wild rice, make a picatta sauce and toss the artichokes with spagetti, or should I use the artichokes to make an au gratin type dish (with cream and parm cheese?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
The artichokes tossed with the pasta garlic, onions and topped with parsley would be tasty. I made an artichoke dip for Thanksgiving that was super yummy, too. You could serve it as an appetizer with crackers. It is just mayo, sour cream, parmasean, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon and artichokes all pureed in the food processor, topped with more parm and baked until hot.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
The piccata sauce would be my choice. Dinner sounds delicious!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do the piccata with artichoke. Half vermouth, half white wine instead of all white wine if you have vermouth.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made picatta, but I totally spaced on the artichokes. Oh well, I''ll save them for something else. That dip sounds yummy and I have spinach in the freezer too!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The best swordfish I ever had was served with some kind of banana + lentils concoction. Never attempted to make it myself though. Hmmm... off to google!
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Apparently you can also oven-roast canned artichokes - just toss with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic - that would be a really tasty and healthy thing to toss on top of whatever you''re making next time
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results