shape
carat
color
clarity

How should I set my .6o ct m-n-o?? tranny??

How should I re-set this stone- I don't want it to be too E-ring looking

• White Gold/White Diamond Round Halo

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • White Gold/White Diamond Square Halo

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • 14WG/White di shank- 14rg/pink round halo

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • 14WG/White di shank- 14RG/pink square halo

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need help setting this:
.60 ct
m-n-o?? (sold as J/K but it is too buttery warm to be that high on the color scale)
tranny??? (sold as RB, but the facets lead me and others to think it's a transitional cut)

JK2.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
some pink inspiration...

please feel free to post ideas and examples!

Attachments

• phalo1.bmp
    263.7 KB · Views: 1,883
  • phalo2.bmp
    507.9 KB · Views: 1,919

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Amys bling,

First of all, congrats on your latest great e-bay purchase! Your stone looks beautiful :appl:
I voted for the pink square halo with the white diamonds on the shank :love: This is exactly what i wanted to do with my M diamond too, but approximately three weeks before starting that project i had had a Barry Bridgestock pink tourmaline set in a halo and i thought that maybe i shouldn't use pink for my second project too. I believe that your stone will look amazing in this setting :cheeky: And if you're not absolutely sure about the pink, you can always go for the white gold-white diamond setting as i did and i never regretted it! Maybe, if time could go back, i'd go with the square halo though...Square halos look amazing :love:
Yay, another fun project is starting on PS! I can't wait to see what you'll finally do with your new diamond :wavey:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
is it still in the original setting? I love it as-is.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is in the original setting- BUT it's 5 1/2 sizes too big, so sixing it down that much and having it be secure isn't exactly an option.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I did it! I purchased an "upgraded" setting from Ian.bo4 on ebay. I was looking to keep costs down on this project since this is one of many stones I purchased in the past few months...so after searching the colored stones thread, and seeing some of the beautifully done semi mounts other have used here on PS from vendors such as- jewelryhoo, LOGR, Ian.bo4, etc... I decided to go for it! Now, this setting is somewhat different than I thought I would want, since I had my heart set on a pink sapphire/diamond halo, but after seeing this "upgraded" setting, I couldn't stop thinking about it!

14kt WG
E-F
VS1-VVS2
Full Cut stones

I think the contrast between the E-F melee and the M-N-O center stone will be nice and buttery warm. I really fell in love with the twisting split shank :love:

halo1.jpg

halo2.jpg

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AmysBling,

We are going to be ring twins :)) I bought that same setting for my 0.76 M RB - It's in at my jeweller right now being set. I should be picking it up later this week, keep an eye out over the weekend for photos :))

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MacW - have you set your stone yet??? I still have not set it- I am considering not setting it in that setting- and maybe doing a 3 stone instead??

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the setting you chose. I think it will flow on your finger and definately set of your beautiful new stone.

:bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results