shape
carat
color
clarity

How secure are shared prong eternity bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinkie621

Rough_Rock
Are there commonly problems with bent/damaged prongs and losing stones with these?

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had one since last November and I just noticed a chipped diamond today!
29.gif

I love my ring but I''m now worried about wearing it every day. I wear it mostly on my right had or with just my ering and the stones don''t touch any other stones (if you know what I mean). I don''t remember dropping or bashing it, so I''m not sure how I managed to do this.

Oh well.

pinkie621

Rough_Rock
i would worry about that, but I prefer the shared prong to any other eternity band by far!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I really love the band, and I would still pick the same style. Guess I''ll just have to be more careful when I wear it!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
So far, so good. No probs here. I do have to think how I grab things, like metal bars and door handles, but that has become second nature since I''ve owned it. I

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have half eternity because I like the option to resize the ring (at least a limited amount) and I don''t worry about damaging stones on the underside. No problems with mine!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
we''ve heard a couple of stories of a stone coming out/loose in a shared prong eternity band. they just aren''t made to take a lot of wear and tear. 4 prong like mara''s is the safest.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have a shared prong eternity band that I''ve been wearing daily for a year and a half, and I''ve had no problems. Of course now that I''ve said that, something will happen to my ring!

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
I have worn my shared prong saph/diamond eternity ring everyday as RHR for a couple of years with no problems. I do get it checked at least every 6 months. I am toying with stacking another of all diamonds but am hesitant about the chipping issues.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I wore a shared prong wedding set (made by WF) happily for several years with no problems whatsoever. I wear my rings all the time, too, unless I''m gardening, at the gym, working around the house, etc.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problems here either.

BZ

Rough_Rock
No problems here either. I have only had mine since July, but I love it.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven''t had any problems with mine. It''s a good idea to check the prongs each time you wear it.

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
I did temporarily lose one of my melee from my shared prong wedding ring a month ago. I woke up one day and went to brush my teeth and noticed that one of my melee was missing from my wedding band. I figured since it's so small, there is not way I would find it and I didn't know when I lost it. While making my bed, I saw a little sparkle coming from where I slept last night and it turned out to the the missing melee! I checked the prongs on the ring through a loupe and saw that the prong where the melee was missing was bent sidesway. I must have snagged it on my bedspread or comforter while I was sleeping last night and bent the sprong, thus the melee fell out. Thank goodness it didn't fall onto the carpert and stayed on the bed. There is not way I can find it once it's landed on the carpet! Our carpet are thick and long. I brought the melee to my local jeweler and he reset it for free. Whew! I guess the prong is probably secure as long as you don't snag it on something!

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I've been wearing my shared prong eternity ring every day for about five years with no problems--not even a loose stone. I think it depends upon how carefully the setting matches the size of the stones. A friend had stones constantly falling out and it seems that not all her stones were the same size and the ones that did not fit properly kept faling out. She is really stuck because she will have to get a speciallyly made setting to fit her stones or start from scratch.
She bought it from a private jeweler who did not stand behind his work and she had no recourse. You have to be careful about checking that all the stones are matched in size as well as color and fit properly in the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results