shape
carat
color
clarity

How put-together do you look on a normal non-working day?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy, is that your closet?
Are those your skeletons?

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 6.29.01 AM.png

Aren’t they sweet?
I am a big dinosaur fan ❤️
It’s my favorite museum

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Home: men’s pajama pants in navy blue or black with a zip up fleece hugely oversized pullover or an oversized zip up hoodie. Also must have socks and my favorite leopard print fleece-lined slippers.

Going out I wear jeans and a shirt, in warmer months I have funny t-shirts that I love to wear. I’m really not a clothes person, pretty much only wear clothes because I’d be arrested otherwise.

For jewelry I always have my silver James Avery necklace on and usually a watch chain I wear as a bracelet on my left wrist. A ring stack on my married finger and sometimes a ring stack on my right. If I have a couple days off from work I’ll throw on my silver bracelets (no jewelry allowed at work and they are a pain to get on and off).

Makeup I only wear at work because of my rosacea and that is just some foundation. Hair is almost always up in a messy bun or similar, it’s halfway down my back so it gets all tangled if I leave it down.

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
I am hair inept and I don’t wear makeup so my idea of dressing nice to leave the house is wearing pants with an actual zipper.
I wear scrub pants and sneakers to work so my tolerance for uncomfortable clothes and and shoes is very low.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Complete and utter slob - no makeup, no styling, old jeans and t-shirt that are umpteen years old. I clean up well and dress appropriately for events.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
t-shirts or hoodies and soft pants. Working from home, I have amassed a whole wardrobe of lounge pants. Hair is finally long enough for a ponytail in back, so that helps curly hair be more presentable. This is me today at home office. Looks the same working or not.

A bit of mascara and mineral sunscreen and chapstick. Foundation rarely.

But, I am wearing jewelry. :D

PS< I can (and do) dress up if I leave this place.

CDFCDA9B-A579-4E98-A776-9D869E1F5DEC.jpeg

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder how much is where we all live too. Not a broad level like state or region, though that likely impacts too! For example, I live in an area where it is a logging community. Many people in town (15 minutes from me) still work at the mill. There is a quarry plus active logging too. Many of the others run their own small farm or craft business or similar. Others are retired. A bunch work down out of the mountains in various nursing, maintenance, construction, etc positions. People routinely work out in their gardens or tend their livestock and don't change clothes if they need to stop at the store on the way home from work or run to pick up something at the hardware store while working on their home or property. Going shopping in jeans and a non-t-shirt top left me far dressier looking than the majority I saw at the store the one day I did that.
Where we moved from before coming out here, people were mostly college educated with a high percentage (70% or better if I remember correctly) of masters degrees or better. The majority of the community was stay at home parents or held comparatively high paying desk jobs. Going out in jeans and a t-shirt definitely put me at the bottom end of dressiness!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Warmer months (Easter to about end of September): Jams World Hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts and black Crocs clogs.

Colder months: flannel check shirts with or without a T-shirt underneath, black treggings (thicker and dressier leggings), black SealSkinz waterproof socks and black Crocs clogs.

These are what I would wear if I am having meetings via video conferencing or if I go out and about like walking the dog or go into town for some grocery shopping, etc...

Same as non-working days, unless I know I am not going out at all, then it would be a kaftan and a dressing gown around the house!

Minimal jewellery, and no jewellery if I am not going out except for my step tracker watch.

DK :))

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Tank top and shorts usually. Sweatpants and sweatshirt when it's cold. When I go anywhere, leggings and whatever top is appropriate for the weather. I haven't worn jeans or other pants since I retired a couple of years ago. No makeup. But, like @Daisys and Diamonds - jewelry, always.

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Well to be honest this is one of the few places I would expect to be full of people who lounge around at home in old sweatpants and a diamond ring or two on their fingers - just for the simple, pure pleasure of it.

I mean, I didn’t spend all this money to have the bling sitting in a box somewhere, amiright? :bigsmile:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once Covid hit and I started working from home I started going for just comfort and find it hard to go back. I've never been a dressy person when not going to the office every day, and as time went on, even business dress became more casual. I don't go out to many places these days and still wear a mask when going indoors, so makeup is really only some eyebrow color and maybe some bronzer. My hair could be in a pony tail, a bun, or even worn down and long if I bothered to dry it and make it look presentable. In warm weather, I like either tee-shirts and jeans or if it's super hot, linen dresses. Winter, it's some kind of wool joggers or other lined pants, usually some kind of heavier weight top and either a fleece, down vest or jacket, or zip up hoodie. Nothing dressy anymore. But I always have diamond rings on both ring fingers, diamond studs, a fairly dressy watch and a solitaire pendant. Even if I'm not leaving the house.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Well to be honest this is one of the few places I would expect to be full of people who lounge around at home in old sweatpants and a diamond ring or two on their fingers - just for the simple, pure pleasure of it.

I mean, I didn’t spend all this money to have the bling sitting in a box somewhere, amiright? :bigsmile:

Yes ma'am, you are correct!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I’m looking at photos of myself and I am apparently a big Amazon clothes shopper. I think everything I’m wearing in these photos is from Amazon, including the shoes.
First photo- no makeup, summertime, Rhinebeck, NY, at my sister’s home.
Second photo- niece’s baptism, springtime, somewhere in NJ.
Third photo is most recent, last week at King of Prussia Mall eating at Legal Seafood.
Fourth photo- last year in February, in Miami (Calle Ocho) smoking a Cuban cigar! 6E4B9D05-4F37-4C94-AE68-0765622B6B30.jpeg 3D5C978F-0C1F-4379-94FA-F4052283B844.jpeg EB9AB59D-2452-43AB-AF58-7D0F7EFA94A6.jpeg C3EF899A-C0FE-41C4-AF92-E8B46E47075B.jpeg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm casual, but not sloppy. And I own every cashmere sweater or cardigan known to man. (For anyone interested in cashmere, my current obsession is Jenni Kayne.)

If I'm wearing runners, I tend to wear colored ones that will coordinate with my shirt/t-shirt, and only ever wear white leather sneakers for working out - which basically means 'never' now since I blew out my back, tho I do hope to be making an aerobics return some time soon. I wear a lot of interlock because its stretchiness goes well with the bloat-shrink-bloat-shrink that goes on with Crohn's every day of my life. My 'uniform' most days is either a sleeveless white t-shirt and colored cashmere cardigan, or cashmere sweater, with neutral pants, and either nice lace up shoes or ankle boots. Sandals and tees in summer. I have a lovely handbag collection (by my estimation - all tastes vary) and always coordinate. I also have nice shoes; I inherited the "always have respectable, coordinated bags and shoes" thing from my mother.

I don't wear make-up (ever) unless we're going out to dinner (almost never these days), but I spend more on skin care than is decent. Here's a photo taken 3 weeks ago that gives a very fair reflection of how I look, hair and make-up wise (ie no make up at all, hair is blow dried - my big concession to fashion). I'm 62 years old.

image000000-3.jpg

One taken a couple of years ago that shows a very typical summer look. (See my huge jewelry display?? A pair of pearl studs and my plain wedding ring. Thank goodness I've spent all that money on jewelry, right??)

image1.jpeg

Slopping around at home.

Hollian - nov 17th 2020.jpg

The t-shirt/cardy combo. I don't have spotty skin - at all. But I was sitting in the car and it was raining, and the raindrops were reflecting on my face. This was a few months ago.

IMG_1936.jpg

Jeans and a top. Jewelry is hoops, my wedding ring, I believe, and my gold bangle - which I wear most days. The marks on my neck were from a recent surgery.

20200625_160349.jpg

Going out to dinner. I believe I went all the way with mascara on this one and Bert's Bees tinted lip balm. The rosy cheeks are curtesy of Crohn's and ongoing inflammation. I think I'm 61 years old in this one.

Resized_20201017_194813.jpeg

About 2 years ago, post cancer, all my new hair growth started to grow our curly. The old hair was straight and the new stuff - dead curly! So I had to cut my hair off to let the curly stuff grow in. Then it all fell out and it came back mostly straight - so I had to cut it all off again to get rid of the curls and let the straight stuff grow in. Don't for one second think you can hang onto both; curly hair doesn't grow any faster, but is about half the length, while the straight stuff comes in twice as long because it's...well...straight. The overall effect of a short head of curls mixed in with much longer straight hair looks truly weird - believe me. And I've been sick. A lot. And I've had 5 major surgeries in the last 3 years. So there's a lot of photos on PS of me looking rather less than my best.

As a result, a great deal of the time I look like...this... (note the rings for moral support)...

20200502_010626.jpg

And in the final analysis, I truly, honestly, don't care - because I have *this* life (see below). And yes - that's pajamas - on Thanksgiving, just before our dinner, no less! So maybe I should rescind the 'not sloppy' designation and go straight to "no standards whatsoever - but very, very happy." And I'm ok with that. ::)

Thanksgiving 2019.jpeg

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I really like Zella activewear. Their "sweatpants" are much "dressier" than average. Soft fabrics and nice fit. Those are my go to's for grocery runs, etc. I love AG jeans and wear those to the mall. @mrs-b I am a cashmere (well sweater) addict also! I Always have "nice" boots/shoes and handbag and coat or puffy vest.

Full make up to work and dressy clothing. Days off, no make up but ALWAYS lipstick!! Never leave the house without lipstick--even under my mask!!! I always have it in my pocket and refresh it all day long....LOL mask or no mask. Jewellery also a staple, I am never without a bauble even when I exercise.

cheers--Sharon

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, on the weekends when I'm only in my house I will stay in my "sleep dress" all day/night happily. If I have to leave it's my weekend uniform of some sort of "bralette" which is hilarious considering they're not small, sports type "joggers", sneakers, and a hoodie. This is with my normal weekend errands of keeping the kids busy with the grocery store, target, children's museum, etc. If I were going out to lunch I would try a bit more. No makeup on the weekends at all. Only sunscreen and setting powder just so I'm not super shiny.

I actually hate dressing up completely. I have a "grand opening" at my day job in a few weeks and finding an "outfit" to be photographed in was absolute torture for me. I dread it completely.

Took this just now, me and my flannel on a Saturday night

Attachments

• 20230304_195419.jpg
    20230304_195419.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh, on the weekends when I'm only in my house I will stay in my "sleep dress" all day/night happily. If I have to leave it's my weekend uniform of some sort of "bralette" which is hilarious considering they're not small, sports type "joggers", sneakers, and a hoodie. This is with my normal weekend errands of keeping the kids busy with the grocery store, target, children's museum, etc. If I were going out to lunch I would try a bit more. No makeup on the weekends at all. Only sunscreen and setting powder just so I'm not super shiny.

I actually hate dressing up completely. I have a "grand opening" at my day job in a few weeks and finding an "outfit" to be photographed in was absolute torture for me. I dread it completely.

We sound a lot alike :cool2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Took this just now, me and my flannel on a Saturday night

It's easy for you b/c you are beautiful!!!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I aim for cute casual. Minimal make up-usually some under-eye concealer and Burts Bees balm.

7F14DF93-5CC6-40D1-A343-1E07DE27BBBA.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results