shape
carat
color
clarity

how patient must one be...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aeli

Rough_Rock
My fiance proposed almost two months ago and his father sent down a ring (he had a family stone set for me) that neither of us was happy with. It was an incredibly sweet and generous gesture, but we decided together that we would go out and choose a ring that both of us loved (what can I say, neither of us is particularly sentimental). Well, when the ring was ready, he picked it up and said that I would have to wait for some grand gesture for him to present it to me. Meanwhile, he hid the ring. Unfortunately, he hid it when he was heavily medicated (he''s been very ill) and can''t remember where he put it (he''s been searching for almost a week now). Argh! I feel like such a brat because I know he feels awful (he hates seeing my disappointment and it''s an expensive "mistake"), but I''m frustrated because I want it now! Sorry, just a vent. I don''t have pictures, but it''s the Tiffany Legecy ring.

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, no! i''m sure he will find it. the tiffany legacy is gorgeous!

aeli

Rough_Rock
thanks. as much as i loved it, i almost think he loved it more. it was only the second ring we saw and he refused to look anymore, saying that it was "the one."

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
What an awful situation to be in! Maybe you could help him tear the house apart looking for it.

Do you think he''s just saying that he can''t find it b/c he has something big planned? Just a thought.
11.gif

Good luck....

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Engagement ring hide-and-go-seek!

Sorry to hear he cant remember where he put it! Could VAgal be right that he is pulling your leg a little? Good luck!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I can only imagine how frustrated you are!!! You know it's somewhere in the house, so keep searching.....that's what I'm doing....

You see, I have done something very similar!!! For our 5th anniversary my husband gave me a 3 stone ring with a 1ct. center emerald flanked by 15 pt emerald cut diamonds. Perfect emerald!! I've loved it for many years now, but I still wanted one day to have a ring with a diamond center stone and to purchase a matching emerald to have set on either side of the dream diamond. This has been a many year journey. 2 years ago I found the perfect emerald that matched the other, and now only had to wait and hope for a diamond one day. Long story short. I now have the diamond, but hid the emerald so well.......that I can't find it
emangry.gif

I know it's somewhere in this house, and I've looked in all my hiding places, but have hidden it too well!!!!

Flip side....could he possibly be teasing you, he really has the ring and will soon suprise you with the question that will change your life
emquestion.gif

Keep us posted!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2004 10:27
6.gif
6 PM
Author: Feydakin
Sound slike an excuse to redecorate the entire house one room at a time until you find it
35.gif
Or a good reason to spend $100 on a fireproof safe at Costco. I never realized that it serves the added benefit of not losing stuff, as you never have to hide anything. You just put it away. Not to say I never lose stuff.... I just never hide anything.
2.gif
. The stuff I lose is from randomly putting it "down" for a minute.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is a case of "gotcha"! Hopefully he is just playing with you and is going to pop it on you when you least expect it. Wouldn''t that be a nice surprise???

On the other hand....I would be preparing to gut a house
9.gif

aeli

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the hopeful responses. Unfortuantely, I''m pretty sure he''s not planning some big surprise (he made me promise to "hold out" until he found the ring).
31.gif
Oh well, if we can''t track it down within the next week, he agreed to file an insurance claim.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry....I can''t help it........lmao!!!!!
9.gif

You know what''s gonna happen, right? You''ll file the insurance claim, get a new one, he''ll make some grand gesture and present you the ring...and a week later, you''ll find it. Now you''ll have two beautiful rings to wear!! Think how lucky you are that he was drugged when he hid it!!
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, I would be SO mad if my boyfriend "lost" my ring!!! lol Hope you and/or him find it soon and as Goldengirl mentioned you can always file a claim and purchase a new ring.

aeli

Rough_Rock
I''m just grateful he insisted on insuring the ring so fast. I saw pictures of it on another Pricescope forum...let''s see if I can do this right.

tiffany legecy.jpg

aeli

Rough_Rock
Side view.

tiffany legecy 2.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Beautiful ring. Hope all works out for you two.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results