shape
carat
color
clarity

How old....

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
RhubarbPie said:
I'm 27 and my FF is 23. We met about 3.5 years ago. We won't be married for probably at least 2 years. Any other LIW who are older than there SO, FF, husband, etc?

My last bf was a year younger than me.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
RhubarbPie said:
I'm 27 and my FF is 23. We met about 3.5 years ago. We won't be married for probably at least 2 years. Any other LIW who are older than there SO, FF, husband, etc?

I am three months older than my husband 8) a point he loves to rub in. Lucky for me he has a thing about older women (always crushed on his profs and such, no surprise he married one I guess) so it works to my advantage :bigsmile:

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
beezygal said:
merilenda said:
I'm 26 and FI is 28. We started dating at 23 and 25. We're planning to get married next year when we'll be 27 and 29.

we are the same age... so are my bf and your FI! COOL! :tongue:

Yay, age twins, haha. I'm definitely biased, but I think it works well. I'm sure glad I didn't get married in my early 20s. Even though I've always considered myself to be mature, I am grown a LOT in the last 5 years or so. Much more ready now!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I turned 25 in March. FI just turned 54 in June.

We met when I was 18. We started dating when I was 19 and he looked about 32-35 but was actually just a few weeks shy of 49.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient, is the age difference hard?

Age differences can sometimes be shocking for me because my SO and I are only a month apart in age, so it makes me quite curious when I see large age differences. Feel free to ignore if this is too personal! :))

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm 24, BF is 28 and about to turn 29 in a few weeks. We've been together since I was 21 and he was 26.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am 36 and my beloved husband is 31. We met when he was 26 and i was 31! Got engaged when i was 35 and he was 30 and got married on the 26th of May...we're newly weds, yay :D

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient said:
I turned 25 in March. FI just turned 54 in June.

We met when I was 18. We started dating when I was 19 and he looked about 32-35 but was actually just a few weeks shy of 49.
WOW!! lucky dude. :mrgreen:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And i know that this is totally irrelevant and off-topic, but i'd like to say that i really love, love, love my husband :saint: :halo: :saint:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee....nah, I'm not really 72. I'm a joker, though!

I am 33, FI is 37. I was married once before for ~5 years and FI has never been married. We met when I was 32 and he, 36. Engaged when I was 33 and he, 37.

I am a little sneaky/silly when it comes to humor. Life is much too short not to have fun. I get it from my mother--she used to tell people she was 72 when in reality she was 52...jaws would always drop and people around would get very excited wanting to know her secret. It's a fun little trick to have.

Random question: when does one who has been proposed to actually leave LIW and graduate into BWW? Do you have to have a date set? I have really enjoyed this subforum (I knew I would! You gals are great!), but I don't want to stick around unnecessarily. I think BWW might require a solid "We're doing this/this/this" though? Thanks in advance.

Dust to all of you ladies and gents. What a nice group to have become part of. I look forward to moving along in life with all of you available to commiserate with and to participate in cheering sessions. xoxo!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
monarch64 said:
Hee hee....nah, I'm not really 72. I'm a joker, though!

I am 33, FI is 37. I was married once before for ~5 years and FI has never been married. We met when I was 32 and he, 36. Engaged when I was 33 and he, 37.

I am a little sneaky/silly when it comes to humor. Life is much too short not to have fun. I get it from my mother--she used to tell people she was 72 when in reality she was 52...jaws would always drop and people around would get very excited wanting to know her secret. It's a fun little trick to have.

Random question: when does one who has been proposed to actually leave LIW and graduate into BWW? Do you have to have a date set? I have really enjoyed this subforum (I knew I would! You gals are great!), but I don't want to stick around unnecessarily. I think BWW might require a solid "We're doing this/this/this" though? Thanks in advance.

Dust to all of you ladies and gents. What a nice group to have become part of. I look forward to moving along in life with all of you available to commiserate with and to participate in cheering sessions. xoxo!

Hehe, nice.

I'm not sure on the graduating to BWW. I totally want to join the list, but we haven't set a date yet. So I mainly just lurk and occasionally reply over there. Maybe I'll feel like I fit in more when we've set the date. Are you thinking about a particular time frame, Monarch?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merilenda--thanks for your response. I'm off to bed very soon but wanted to take the time to reply to you.

We've always talked about having a wedding or just going to City Hall in October, 2010. I hope that is when we will tie the knot. He is very involved in politics, so if we get married this year it will be either well before or a couple weekends past election day. thanks for asking!

I don't think I will join BWW until we set a date...thanks again, MeriLenda, for your words! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not a LIW but I'll play - I'm just 24, FI turns 24 in October. I have 4months on him - a point which, like yours dreamer, he endlessly enjoys teasing me with! He always dated older girls too - I'm the "youngest" he's ever been with apparently. I, on the other hand, never seriously got involved with anyone less than three years older than me until FI.. I look young for my age and he looks older, so most people assume it's the other way round.

The reactions to my being older were interesting - most don't care, some think it's super-cool, and a few are horrified that I'm with someone even a day younger ;))

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I am 30 and my husband is 37 and we were married 4 months ago. I think i was 26 and he was 33 when we met.

monnie, you are engaged! you can graduate to BWW any time you like, you don't need a date :)) However, I do remember the feeling when taking the leap from the small pond of LIW into the big pool of BWW, it was a little scary! Although I am married I still post here and in BWW, but i dont feel quite ready to put my toes in at Newlyweds. :))

bluebell

Shiny_Rock
BF and I are both 22, he's about 6 months older. We have gone to school together since kindergarten and we grew up on the same street. We started dating when we were 16, and are planning to be married at 24/25.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I started dating SO when i was 21 and he was 26. There's 6 years between us, now im *almost* 27 and he's *almost* 33 =)

i always had it in mind that getting married was for your late 20s, so ill be keen to have a long-ish engagement if we do get engaged in the next year (which i *think* we will :naughty: )

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
i'm 31, SO 34.

we is OLD and UNMARRIED still :bigsmile:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm married but wanted to answer still.

We started dating when I was 21 and he was 19. We married exactly three years later when I was 24 and he was 22. Very very young! I am 2 years, 8.5 months older than he is.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I will be 24 in a couple of days, and my FF is 26.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
I'm 25 and he is 24.. we are 10mos apart so this Sept he will be 25 and Nov I'll be 26.. so the plan is to get engaged when we are both 25 lol well it just happens that way anyway. We been friends since Highschool but started dating 1 1/2 yr ago

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Well I'm a month older than my SO but I don't think that counts as "older".

Still, I like to rub it in HIS face and say how I'm older, wiser, and more mature :lol: .

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
I like that perspective Grlsbestfriend!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
monarch64 said:
Merilenda--thanks for your response. I'm off to bed very soon but wanted to take the time to reply to you.

We've always talked about having a wedding or just going to City Hall in October, 2010. I hope that is when we will tie the knot. He is very involved in politics, so if we get married this year it will be either well before or a couple weekends past election day. thanks for asking!

I don't think I will join BWW until we set a date...thanks again, MeriLenda, for your words! :appl:

City Hall would be awesome. I'm in love with San Francisco's City Hall, and I've kind of tried to talk FI into getting married there. I just think there's something incredibly romantic about getting married at city hall.

I also like the idea of a short engagement, but we need to stabilize some things before we get married (like, jobs/finances) so we're planning on sometime next year TBD. Keep us updated!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nicoleben said:
i was just going to post " i think shes fibbing" lol.. prior posts mention her calling her mother and all that lol. Im so gullible.

No really...her Mom is 95 and dating a 45 year old!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I'm 28. FI is 31. We met at 19/22 and started dating at 20/23. Moved in together at 24/27, engaged at 26/29, baby at 27/30, and will most likely be 29/32 when we get married :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333 said:
nicoleben said:
i was just going to post " i think shes fibbing" lol.. prior posts mention her calling her mother and all that lol. Im so gullible.

No really...her Mom is 95 and dating a 45 year old!

*Smirk!*

Love you guys, every single/silly last one of ya.

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
I am 23 (will be 24 in a couple of months) and my BF is 24.

We started dating over 8.5 years ago when we were 15. :))

We hope to get married end of next year when we'll both be 25.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady said:
TooPatient, is the age difference hard?

Age differences can sometimes be shocking for me because my SO and I are only a month apart in age, so it makes me quite curious when I see large age differences. Feel free to ignore if this is too personal! :))

Not usually. I spent much of my life (1st 19 years) mostly with my grandparents and others significantly (20+ years) older than me. I've never much related to people "my age" so finding someone that much older isn't much of a shock.

When we first met, I thought he was 32-35 years old based on how he looked and his energy. He still doesn't "look his age" and the problem is more often me having the energy to keep up with him.

The hard part is how people try to lump everyone into age groups. Like the shul we are members at has activities for the 19-29 year olds, 30s-40s, 50s+.
Obviously, we don't really fit into any of these groups. That has made it more of a challenge meeting friends, but we joined a different group that has Shabbat dinner every week and we've started hosting picnics (and other holidays hopefully this year) for people in our area of all ages.

Oh -- and sometimes people will say "and this must be your father" :-o :nono: :rolleyes: -- which leads to some embarassment on the part of the person who said it :oops: .

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
I'm 25, and FI will be in a few months. I was a year ahead of him as far as school goes, and even though we didn't know each other till after I'd graduated college, he teases me all the time that I am "old". Sounds like a few of you are in the same situation, too.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I am 11.5 years older than hubby. We were 45 and 33 when we met, 49 and 38 now...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results