shape
carat
color
clarity

How old were you when you first joined PS?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I've only been a member for a little over a year. I was old then and I'm older now :geek2:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Why is the question so offensive! What kind of social construct bias are you buying into when you pretend that age is a taboo subject? It’s a fact. A blessing. A gift.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Why is the question so offensive! What kind of social construct bias are you buying into when you pretend that age is a taboo subject? It’s a fact. A blessing. A gift.

Not offensive, just prefer not to say

Live and let live

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not offensive, just prefer not to say

Live and let live

Except no one is forcing anyone to reply to this thread and tbh, you reinforced a post that implied that the question I asked is offensive but never mind, live and scroll on by

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Good for newbies to know how long some people have been on PS, upgrading or saving for jewelry. Otherwise it looks like everyone just rolled out of bed this morning and bought a four carat ring. Anybody scroll through SMTB from 10 years ago? Quite a few more ~1 carat diamonds. Think we would have more younger posters these days if they understood the context.

I joined 16 years ago. Posted for a little while when I had nothing to do as I recovered from surgery. Came back after many years when life got less stressful.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2003, before that I was on DiamondTalk so I would have been 33

I remember diamondtalk. I belonged there too. I wonder whatever became of that website. That’s where I first heard of Leon Mege and where diamondbistro started.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember diamondtalk. I belonged there too. I wonder whatever became of that website. That’s where I first heard of Leon Mege and where diamondbistro started.

I think it became diamondring at some point but I looked a few months ago as I was curious and there was nobody on there.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for newbies to know how long some people have been on PS, upgrading or saving for jewelry. Otherwise it looks like everyone just rolled out of bed this morning and bought a four carat ring.

But the date you joined and number of messages is right there under the avatars so newbies see how long a member has been here and how active they have been.

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
I joined February 9, 2011. I was 52, now 62 almost 63 and have nicer bling.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F**k, I feel old... :roll2:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I was 24 in 2009 when I joined. I was searching for a diamond upgrade. Now it’s one ex-husband, an ex-fiancé, and 13 years later. Life has changed but my love for diamonds hasn’t :kiss2:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was 48 :eek-2: so young!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I remember my switch from diamondtalk to PS around 2002/2003. But I just lurked on here for a long time till 2008.

I was a college student back then and didn't know anything about diamonds. I credit PS for my permanent DSS syndrome. It's been 20 years and at this point it's not a syndrome, but a part of me.

@autumngems and @ringbling17 , It's nice to "meet" others who remember diamondtalk. Kinda sad it faded away after the rise of PS, but if I remember correctly, the owners/moderators of DT did some very unpopular things, which drove away a fair number of people, and PS was born.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember my switch from diamondtalk to PS around 2002/2003. But I just lurked on here for a long time till 2008.

I was a college student back then and didn't know anything about diamonds. I credit PS for my permanent DSS syndrome. It's been 20 years and at this point it's not a syndrome, but a part of me.

@autumngems and @ringbling17 , It's nice to "meet" others who remember diamondtalk. Kinda sad it faded away after the rise of PS, but if I remember correctly, the owners/moderators of DT did some very unpopular things, which drove away a fair number of people, and PS was born.

Yes, I enjoyed my time on DT and wish there were a few more diamond/jewelry forums.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results