shape
carat
color
clarity

How old were you when you first joined PS?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And what has changed in your life?
Open-ended question! I know!

Looks like I was 37 and DD was only 12!
She is now 23 and I’ve been an empty nester for a while. Still a teacher and still with hubby. Still love jewelry tho have upgraded significantly. Nala is my avatar and dog’s name and she is still around, turned 16 this October. Love my old lady!

Last edited:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
It was 2013 and I was 25. I was finishing my undergrad and bought my first diamond before I found PS. Oh the silly mistakes that I've made buying essentially an uncerted included mrb diamond. I also realised that old cuts are more my thing. Fast forward to now and I finally got an upgrade ring. But planning another upgrade in a few years because DSS is real lol

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I joined in 2018 but just to ask a question, not realizing the wealth of info on here. So I would just say that I really "joined" in Nov 2020 which was when I became very active on here. I am 40-something (not gonna say my age haha) and since I joined pretty recently I would say not much as changed except that my jewelry is ALOT nicer, and that there is ALOT MORE OF IT. :lol-2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's asking someone's age.

If I answer correctly I'm giving away my age today ... that is, to those who can add and subtract.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
2014, so I was 35. I lurked forever, greatly intimidated with my tiny box of spinels.
Then I finally went ahead and set one of my spinels; had a freak out about the process so I threw caution to the wind and reached out in 2020. The rest is history, dahling!:wink2:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Valentine's Day 2005 - I was 33, one 1.5 year old child, SAHM, looking for my first upgrade. Now it's almost 17 years later, my first born is in college. my second is 15, I'm back working as a veterinarian at the same cat hospital I worked at from 1999-2002, and my bling obsession continues!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2010 I was 37. Lurked for awhile cause I was shopping at helzburg diamonds and another local jeweler who had the egl carted stones. Bit the bullet when I purchased a 2ctw 5 stone from IDJ but Was disappointed w/ stones. learned here I should’ve requested PriceScope quality stones for hearts and arrows. So sold that band and purchased a ags certed 2ctw 5 stone from BGD….the rest is bling-tishous history.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I joined a long time ago....so now I am just OLDER! Came to find a 20th anniversary ring and never left because of how much I constantly learn here...and of course the nice folks!

Anniversary ring is gone, but still have the same husband.

cheers--Sharon

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In 2006 when I was 23, a newly qualified RN and recently engaged. I actually found my way here researching wedding dresses! Now almost 40, married 14 years with 2 kiddos, and eagerly awaiting my birthday present that David Klass is making, woo hoo! I like looking back at my posting history and seeing how much my taste in jewellery has changed. I was all about chunky yellow gold, and lots of it. Now all of my YG stuff is gone, and is replaced by a much smaller, finer collection of higher quality pieces in rose and white gold.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I joined in 2012.
I was obsessed with paraiba tourmaline…both then and now. :lol: After joining PS I became obsessed with all CS stones and realized that my days of shopping at mall jewelry shops had come to a close.

I’m still married. Still no kiddos. We still have a full house of fur babies. The biggest changes:
- I’m way more picky than I used to be with gems.
- My budget has, thankfully, improved a little bit (no more instant ramen for me…unless I want it).

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came years ago, proudly with my lovely spessartite garnet ring - that wasn’t ha ha.
Realised I needed to learn more and I sure have.
My first major thread was on Opals because I love them (still do) and stayed around and learnt more about coloured gemstones, diamonds, pearls and Jade.
My love of “boxes of old stuff - cheap - from deceased estate auctions” landed me the remarkable gem haul.
Over the years I’ve marveled at others amazing pieces, I’ve managed to secure some treasures and also rehomed some of mine. 72DED5E7-24F2-4B51-8ABA-32384D5E8164.jpeg 68297FED-5556-4593-AC71-611972785708.jpeg

Attachments

• CE65EE62-7DAB-45D3-8B79-9147E939C162.jpeg
    CE65EE62-7DAB-45D3-8B79-9147E939C162.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 15
  • E8555E4E-012B-4D5F-849C-719246698D5D.jpeg
    E8555E4E-012B-4D5F-849C-719246698D5D.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 19

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I joined when I was 37, didn’t even join for the jewelry but more to make some friends. Gosh that sounds so utterly sad lol!

The most significant change is that I’m working again now that the kids are back in school, I was a SAHM for 14 years! Also have a different car since the other one died.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I joined 14 years ago this coming June. The time has flown by.
I was looking for my second ER reset and Greg found PS for me. I was not internet savvy and Greg was helping me search for examples of what I was picturing (two resets and still not what I had been picturing so the search was continuing) and voila. He found Pricescope and the rest is history. Thanks to my DH (and Pricescope) I realized my love of genuine antique diamonds.

So I was almost 14 years younger than I am now. But I am the same person on the inside. Just a bit older on the outside and maybe, just maybe. a little bit wiser. :)

2008 around the time I joined PS:

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 7.33.12 AM.png

More current photo:

missyandgregattheoceanjerseyshorerings.png

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I joined when I was 37, didn’t even join for the jewelry but more to make some friends. Gosh that sounds so utterly sad lol!

The most significant change is that I’m working again now that the kids are back in school, I was a SAHM for 14 years! Also have a different car since the other one died.

I think you made some friends!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I just checked my date. It was January 14th 2003. I’m 49 now so I was 30 when I joined. I came here looking for a 10th year anniversary ring and I never left.
My oldest was 2 and my one and only and now she’s 21.
I was a NICU nurse at that time and we had just bought our first home in Staten Island, NY. It was a duplex with the tiniest backyard. My husband was working for the NYPD.
Now my husband is retired (since 2010) and I work per diem as a VA nurse. We have four kids, I never thought we would have more than two!!! We upgraded our house, bought and sold three times including buying our dream house in NY and NJ, and now we are on our fourth house and live in Delaware. This house is smaller but perfect for us and I can see myself retiring here.
I’ve definitely upgraded my jewelry collection since that time but I now just focus on small additions rather that a large solitaire upgrade. I’m content with the size of my diamond (talk to me next year and please don’t quote me :mrgreen:).
I’ve also upgraded my weight, I have gray hairs and I wear reading glasses! But thankfully overall my health has been good.
I guess I’ll be here next year looking for my 30th anniversary rIng? ;)2

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's asking someone's age.

If I answer correctly I'm giving away my age today ... that is, to those who can add and subtract.

Why is age so offensive? What kind of social construct bias are you buying into? Be glad you have been blessed with years bc the alternative is much worse!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results