shape
carat
color
clarity

how often do you talk to your mom?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 11:59:06 AM
Author: somethingshiny
Probably 3 or 4 times a week, but occasionally 3-4 times a day (if we''re planning a function, etc) We talk about dumb things as much as important things. I''ll call her when I''m picking out a paint color, she''ll call me when she''s got new zucchinis.

Ditto! My Mum and I are very close, but live in different states. We have free calls to each other and find ourselves calling for the most ridiculous things lol! It feels like we are not so far apart.

lover in anthens - is your DH upset with the amount of time you spend on the phone with her? I can''t see why this would be a problem, if you have a good relationship with her and it makes you happy to talk to her, why would your DH have a problem with this?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
About once a week, but I don''t feel very close to her, so it''s more out of obligation - plus, I am close with my dad, and he and I usually talk once or twice a week. My son does love talking to him, so he calls and talks to them as often as he wants (we live 1000 miles away). He isn''t aware of the issues I have with my mom, and I don''t want to ruin his relationship with her, so I keep it to myself.

We also speak to the in-laws about once a week.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I don''t speak to my mother often.

I am very sorry for those of you who have lost your mothers and please don''t be angry at me for not cherishing my mother since she is still here, but she is not a mommy, just a mother, you know?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I talk to my mom several times a day. we have always been close and I hope and pray I can have the same kind of relationship and closeness with my own daughters when they are grown. I talk to my dad once a week and he lives about 300 miles away. I talk to my MIL about once a week too

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 8:43:06 PM
Author: Kaleigh
But it was her Mother, my Nanny that was a Mom to me. We talked every day. Sometimes more. I took care of her for over 16 years. When she died, a big hole was left in my heart. I still talk to her.

Before she died, she said.... Lets make a time to chat so when I die, you and I will have a special time. A date with eachother.... I said well, what time is good for you. She laughed and said you are not a morning person, so how about Noon?? I said Noon works for me. She said ok at Noon, you and I will have a date each and every day....
12.gif

To this day, at noon, I say a few words to her. What ever is on my mind.

I don't know if she hears me. I loved that she wanted that. God bless her, she was a pistol. There are things that go on in my life, that ONLY she could undestand. I can still hear her voice, her funny quips, oh she brought such joy to my life. I have such wonderful memories, so am blessed 10 fold.
2.gif
I love this
1.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I talk to my mom at least once a day, if not more often. We have a very close relationship. She gives the best advice, and now I''m old and wise enough to listen!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see/talk to my parents 3-4 times a week. My mum (along with DH of course!
9.gif
) is my absolute most cherished person in the world. We only live 10 minutes from my parents, and it doesn''t seem to matter how old I get, I still need them! I love my dad very very much, he is a wonderful father, but it''s really my mum I have close to my heart. I wish DH''s relationship with his parents was more like mine, I feel very fortunate. His mum is an oddie, to say the least, she''s very up and down. He''d probably speak to her once a month, and his dad is more like his best mate than a father.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m an introvert and I''m surprised at how many of you talk to your parents/Mom daily or several times a day.

I consider 1x /week to be enough, but really I call them about 3x a week. Many weeks I see them weekly and then only call once or twice.

I noted that many of you turn to your parents for advice. In additon to being introverted and thinking about my problems... I don''t see my parents as offering me good advice. They are very different than I am and in the past constantly offered unnasked for advice that didn''t mesh with my values.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
typically about 3-4x a week...but we don''t have long convos. she lives nearby so we see her a few times a week as well, she helps us a lot with Portia...she loves her granddog.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually once every two weeks, and only when she needs something from me. However, after today, I''d be damned if I ever answer her phonecall. EVER.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I used to talk to my mom once or twice every day especially after my dad passed away. I know for a fact that she''d sit by the phone and wait for the call. If I wasn''t exactly on time, she''d call me out on it.

Our daughter and son call us once a week. I''d appreciate a call or an e-mail a little more often, but our daughter keeps telling me that she''s SO BUSY. She''s not doing any more than I was, and I still managed a call to my mom every day.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results