shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you cry?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by gwendolyn, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. House Cat
    Ideal_Rock

by House Cat » Aug 16, 2009
    I cry all of the time. I''m a big ole sap! I don''t see it as a bad thing, more as an expression of emotion or a release.

Happy crying mostly..I''m wedding planning, so when I think of dancing with my father, or saying vows to FI, I choke up...couple times a week!
    Movie cries...anytime I see something great or sad...couple times a month, maybe more?

Sad crying? ummm...whenever I''m sad, I guess. I couldn''t imagine holding in sadness. That would feel like poison. Couple of times a year?

2. Maisie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Maisie » Aug 16, 2009
    I cry when I watch weddings on tv. I am not really a softie in any other way. I sometimes cry if I hurt myself. [​IMG]

3. Gailey
    Ideal_Rock

by Gailey » Aug 16, 2009
    Hey Kayleigh - you ok? I hope you were crying because you were p**ssed at what happened and you are not badly hurt. Please report back.

Well I could sob for the whole of England, and Canada for that matter. I seem to have gotten a lot worse in the last five years or so since I lost my Mum. Movies get to me, anything faintly patriotic. For instance Mr Gailey has just downloaded the "Last Night at the Proms" on the IPOD and I am listening to "Rule Britannia" as I type with a wobbly chin!

I did have a bit of a cry the other week over my migraines, because I''m sick to death of the monster that lives in my head, but I don''t cry at being sick much. I''ve lost 3 good friends in the last year and I find that the effects of bereavement are cumulative.

Broke my heart when they finally found little Caleigh Anthony, sobbed for days over that awful tradgedy.

So I guess I''m about as bigger sop as they come I''m afraid!

4. radiantquest
    Ideal_Rock

by radiantquest » Aug 16, 2009
    I cry maybe twice a month. Not all out crying, but a tear or two when I hear a sweet love song or somthing like that. Not really a crier.

5. Luckyeshe
    Ideal_Rock

by Luckyeshe » Aug 16, 2009
    I cry about 10x in a year...so less than once a month. Sometimes romantic movies get me though then it could go up to 15x per year depending on movies and commercials.

6. Moh 10
    Brilliant_Rock

by Moh 10 » Aug 16, 2009
    I think this is the most womeny thread ever.

7. Gailey
    Ideal_Rock

by Gailey » Aug 16, 2009
    Oh Moh, how can you say that!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Moh 10
    Brilliant_Rock

by Moh 10 » Aug 16, 2009
    double post

9. Moh 10
    Brilliant_Rock

10. strmrdr
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by strmrdr » Aug 16, 2009
    sniff sniff peeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee
    utoh someone stepped in something stinky then put his foot in his mouth

11. Kaleigh
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Kaleigh » Aug 16, 2009
    I am home now. I am in agony!!! I will see my doc tomorrow. Crying cause I was in pain and pissed at the same time. I have a weird reaction to anger. I cry. God I am such a wuss. BUT this was worse, cause I had no control over that dumb boat, got tossed around like a chopped salad. Had a cooler slide down and crash on my shins.. Like hello?? Isn''t that stuff tied down??[​IMG]

I thought I was going on a leisurely sail. Not some award winning America''s cup winning boat... Oh I would never have gotten on.. But no one knew the details. My son nearly got lost at sea, almost went over the side of the boat...[​IMG]

They gave us no heads up before we set sail.. Not like here are the life jackets.. Here is what you can expect... I signed some waivor, but never wrote out the info, they said we didn''t have time for that.

I would never sue, that''s not me. BUT I woulld love to chat with that Captain.... Oh he would get a mouth fulll.[​IMG]

The boat is The wetherly.. Ted Kennedy chartered it until recently.. Ted is a first rate sailor, and well remember him docking in Nantucket for a night of fun... God bless him, it''s not looking good for him now.

Anyone else cry when they are mad???

12. packrat
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by packrat » Aug 16, 2009
    Jeez Kaleigh, that sounds like the trip from hell!

I''m a mad cryer too. I don''t know why, but anger makes me cry. Maybe it''s a way to vent my emotions so I don''t freak out and go crazy on someone for making me mad? Heck I don''t know.

A few weeks ago I spent about an hour on youtube looking up country songs that I knew that were really sad, and just sat here and cried. Duh. I don''t even listen to country music!

13. kama_s
    Ideal_Rock

by kama_s » Aug 16, 2009
    Very very rarely. Which is why everyone was so surprised when I was BAWLING like a baby during my wedding ceremony. Apparently several of our guests started crying too. I cringe while looking at our pictures and videos.

14. stepcutgirl
    Brilliant_Rock

by stepcutgirl » Aug 16, 2009
    I am such a crier! It is all fairly new to me as when I was a teenager and early 20''s I never and I mean never cried. I believe 7 years passed where not a single tear fell. Now...I don''t think a week passes. I like to think I''m just making up all that time! I tear up over songs, thoughts, commercials, anything. I actually cry somewhere around every 10 days to 2 weeks. I''m an emotional, passionate girl!

I like the song by Terri Clark that goes "I''m an emotional girl...I can''t help myself...sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry, sometimes I do both and I don''t know why".

15. Moh 10
    Brilliant_Rock

by Moh 10 » Aug 16, 2009
    Mi'm morry.

Mi malways meem mo may mhe mrong mhings.

foot-in-mouth-1199.jpeg

16. HollyS
    Ideal_Rock

by HollyS » Aug 16, 2009
    Cry from frustration or anger? Rarely.

Cry from hurt or tragedy? I''m pretty stoic.

Cry because I''m touched by something? Pass the Kleenex.

17. gwendolyn
    Ideal_Rock

by gwendolyn » Aug 17, 2009
    Does that mean you aren''t going to answer the question? [​IMG]

And Lisa, I cry when I''m angry too! Most of the time I cry, it''s probably due to frustration, anger or stress, rather than just feeling sad. Sorry to hear you have been in so much pain and frustrated about what happened recently. Take good care of yourself!

18. Hera
    Ideal_Rock

by Hera » Aug 17, 2009
    I don''t really know how much I cry, probably tear up once a week. For me, its hard to watch animal cop shows and nature shows(I will cry when a baby bird gets eaten).I cried recently watching the movie, District 9.

I think it''s normal but my husband doesn''t cry and it used to freak me out. After 13 years of being together, I have never seen him cry and I am finally at peace with it.

19. LaurenThePartier
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by LaurenThePartier » Aug 17, 2009
    Yay, Martha!!! I''m so excited you''re getting married this week!!!

20. LaurenThePartier
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by LaurenThePartier » Aug 17, 2009
    I'm a pretty sensitive person, but I haven't had a good cry in a while.

I cry at touching movies. Cried through the entire movie when I saw PS I Love You. And, OMG, the end of Marley & Me - I was a mess when I came downstairs after finishing that movie. My husband just gave me a Kleenex and said "I told you so" since he refused to watch it.

There are times when I'll cry in anger or frustration, and I'll have a particularly bad month and cry once a week during that time, but then I'll go months without a tear being shed. I'm selectively affected by those instances, but I'm almost always brought to tears when my husband says something particularly tearjerking.

I also have moments where I feel like a normal person would not be crying, and I wonder if it's not because I've been on BC for over a decade and a half. I really wonder what I'll be like without extra hormones. Has anyone else experienced a significantly dramatic mood shift when going off of hormonal BC?

This thread has been cathartic. I think I'm going to go upstairs, lock myself in my Master Bath, and have a good cry. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

21. SeaStar
    Rough_Rock

by SeaStar » Aug 17, 2009
    Very rarely. I have a hard time with emotions and when other people get emotional. It feels really awkward to me. The only time I cried when my dad died was at the end of the eulogy my sister read, it was just so sad. I would say I cry maybe once or twice a year unless something really catastrophic happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.