shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you cry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Just curious, because I think I probably do it more often than most, even though generally I''m a happy person. This is for any sort of crying--sad, happy, angry, sappy Hallmark commercial type crying. So, how often would you say you cry? So seldom you can count the total number of times on one hand? Less often, maybe a few times a year? Regularly enough to be able to estimate once a month? Once a week? Daily?

I probably average about once a week...maybe once every two weeks. James, though, probably has cried less than 10 times in his entire life.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I used to be very good at holding my emotions in, so maybe I''d cry twice a year.

These day''s I''m much more of an emotional wreck and it''s probably up to a couple of times a month, depending on what''s going on at the time. I''m in my final semester of Uni so working my a$$ off on assignments and the stress piles up - if I don''t have atleast one emotional break down per big assignment I figgure I''m just not working hard enough.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 3:31:05 PM
Author: 4ever
I used to be very good at holding my emotions in, so maybe I''d cry twice a year.

These day''s I''m much more of an emotional wreck and it''s probably up to a couple of times a month, depending on what''s going on at the time. I''m in my final semester of Uni so working my a$$ off on assignments and the stress piles up - if I don''t have atleast one emotional break down per big assignment I figgure I''m just not working hard enough.
I used to cry twice a year exactly, lol, and prided myself on it. Once a semester in college, either overwhelmed, frustrated, or homesick.

Then I got involved in relationships, so it increased slightly, because I love passionately.

Hormonal changes also have taken a toll, and there are periods of time when I will cry at commercials or cards totally out of the blue. This makes me feel nuts and totally out of control, lol.

And movies. I cry VERY easily in movies. It drives FI nuts, hehe, so I wipe my tears on him
9.gif
Last night I used my tears to draw hearts on his chest.
12.gif

I wouldn''t say that I cry a lot, or that I am over sensitive... I know people who cry all the time about anything. I am not that way, but I''ve learned that crying is nothing to be ashamed of, so I am a lot more comfortable with it.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Rarely. Less than once a month or even once every two months.... Probably 4-5 times a year or so. I'm not a big cryer.

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
I cry as I wire funds to diamond vendors.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m very sentimental, so I get teary-eyed because I find something to be meaningful probably once a day - that sounds kindof insane I suppose, but we''re talking tears so small that kleenex is not needed and it''s easy to recompose/move on without anyone noticing. I also tend to get fairly choked up at some point during church, whether it''s a particular hymn or something else that''s moving, and a lot of times I''ll get a little teary when I read things that my students have written if their words are particularly raw or honest.

Anyway, I became a lot more openly emotional around the time I got married and for some reason it hasn''t gone away.

But in terms of waterworks, truly weepy, and kleenex-needed cries - those probably happen once every couple of weeks, and all out sobs are pretty infrequent - those are for something truly upsetting or for an ultimate tear-jerker movie - maybe once every couple of months.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Hardly ever. I never cry during movies, and I''m pretty good at not showing much emotion. I have a pretty tough exterior, due to a lot of unpleasant experiences in my life. I''ve probably gone a year without crying, but I couldn''t say that for sure.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I tear up once every few weeks or so. I really cry once every few months. I used to cry a lot more often, as I've grown older I've calmed down and tend to react more logically to things rather than emotionally.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Rarely - maybe once every couple of months, and only when I''m REALLY upset about something. I don''t cry at films or books or at things that happen to other people - I feel sad, but I don''t actually cry. I also don''t do happy tears - in fact, I just don''t get how everyone who gets proposed to seems to cry (not saying there''s anything wrong with it, I just don''t get it!)

So yeah, NOT a cry-er
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not sentimental for the most part either...but some things do make me tear up (''Isn''t She Lovely'' by Stevie Wonder gets me every time!). On average I''d say I *cry cry* about 2-3x a year. Teary-eyed over something like a song or a card from Greg or something maybe once a month. But actually sobbing waterworks kind of crying is so rare that when it actually happens, my husband gets ALARMED. And it''s usually because I''m extremely angry instead of sad.
5.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I cry a lot lately. Mostly due to recent family''s misunderstanding. Usually, I am pretty calm and reserved. However, if an event (in a movie or book or irl) happen and if it touches me emotionally, I will sobs, privately though.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Gwendolyn, I think you can count on me as a sister cryer. Happy, sad, frustrated, etc...A friend of mine describes it as, the emotion just wells up inside and spills out my eyes...I would say I cry about 3-5 times a month, even though I''d also describe myself as goofy and optimistic. I''m a grad student, and involved with people on the cusp of life and love (midwife) on a near daily basis. Forget it if I''m menstruating! The tears might happen twice a day right before.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I rarely cry unless I have good reason to but I sometimes get teared up over silly things on the tube (like so and so''s amazing weight-loss/recovery and wining a zillion $$
20.gif
)

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Not that much, I feel sad when children are involved but not actually cry. Emotions do run time to time ie today, my oldest was reading outside sitting there calmly just like my mother used to do, same red hair brought wonderful memories, got happy tiny tears.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Too often! But probably in reality get "teary" once or twice a week and cry a couple times a month. Crying is not a pretty site for me.

I cry if I''m frustrated, overtired, upset. I cry if I see the right Hallmark commercial, if I accidently catch an episode of Animal Cops (which I had to quit watching as I found it too upsetting) or if I''m reading something touching.

I find that I cry more easily now that I did when I was younger. I wonder if it''s hormones. I''m not sure.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I cry at weddings and funerals. Movies can get me teary-eyed. I used to get misty eyed looking at photos of my kids...but then they became teenagers and that ended!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Movies that are really sad or strike a chord with me can make me cry very easily, but I don''t count those as "real" tears. Before the last month, I used to only cry maybe once a month at the most, sometimes less.

Now that I''m pregnant? I have all-out bawling sessions at LEAST once a week. Last week I cried in my boss'' office, and it was the most embarrassing kind ever - body shaking, can''t catch a breath, hiccuping tears. It was horrible.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
About three times a year I have a major cry. It's one of those situations where I pick out an emotional chick flick movie and sit down knowing it'll bring out all that pent up girly emotions and I just let it out.

One of my "cry movies" is "Under the Tuscan Sun." The main character takes charge and liberated and free from her old life. It just gets me every time.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cried my eyes out tonight. I am not a crier per say.. But got hurt bad on a sailboat tonight..
39.gif
So I am gonna cry, and am pissed the people who ran it were morons... Gahhhh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, sorry you got hurt. I hope you are okay.

To the question - I rarely cry. I used to cry a lot but once I realized that happened when I took over the counter allergy meds; I just quit taking me much to the relief of my DH. I am generally a happy person and not too emotional. I am most likely to cry when I get really angry; luckily it takes a lot to do that as well.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I echo Elmorton in the crying department - I get teary eyed almost everyday but mostly no one notices because I pull it together. I never cried at work or when people are relying on me, but a Hallmark commercial can do it no problem, as can any unexpected wonderful thing my 5 yr old does. Sobbing - very rarely, maybe once a year.

A good friend of mine is very even-keeled, would even try to cry but to no avail. The only time I''ve ever known her to cry in over 20 years was at her own wedding. She pretty much made up for the dry spell in that one day.
2.gif
At least they were happy tears. Very sweet.

Lisa - I hope you are all right. Big hugs coming your way.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
I tend to be very emotional but don''t cry very often. I can''t hear "Last Christmas" by Wham because I will lose it. I have walked out of stores during the holidays because they will play the song! LOL.. But, I think that I will cry at my wedding, which is in 5 days! I want to hold it in but I know that I will lose it once I see my soon to be husband down the aisle.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I read or hear about something horrible happening to a baby or child, depending on where I am, I cry. If I''m at work, I do the fast blink blink with my eyes and look up at the ceiling so the tears don''t come. Sometimes if Trapper wakes up at night and needs extra snuggles to go back to sleep, while I''m lying with him, I rub his back and stroke his hair or cheek and just let the tears roll. I get super emotional about my kids. (well, all kids really) Certain songs, movies, tv shows, make me cry or get teary. The National Anthem makes me well up too. Emails about soldiers etc. We had the moving Vietnam wall here, and I cried, just reading about it in the paper and seeing pictures of vets looking at it.

I''m a sap, what can I say?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Once a week possibly.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Not often at all, I''ve been called stubborn and icy before....in fact, I can''t really remember the last time I did
33.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa-I hope that you''re ok!

I''m not a big crier-I probably cry about 4 times a year, usually related to college.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very rarely, maybe a few times a year? If something terrible happens to those close to me, like losing a family member, I can be a wreck. I''m not a movie cryer, but if something happens to my pets, or if they are sick, or on the awful occasions where I have lost a pet, I lose it and really howl. In the 10 years I have been with DH I have seen him cry twice, both times were for loss of family members.

I see some really sad things in my line of work. Maybe this influences me somewhat? I used to be very sensitive and a big cryer, but feeling the need to be strong and support my patients might have had some effect, thought I have cried with many patients and their families over the years!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I am a very passionate person, this makes me very 'spunky' but also makes me cry easily aswell.. I cry a few times a week, usually when I am very upset or frustrated. I get teary eye daily- usually over a sentimental song or something moving on TV.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I cry all the time... Even happy tears!!!
I used to bottle everything inside of me and never allowed myself to cry. But now that I am more understanding of my own self, I gave myself the gift to cry... It feels good to release in real ( tears ) what emotions have been eating away at you inside.
It''s pretty much "therapy" for me... :)

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think I at least tear up every day. I''m a really emotional person, and that''s how I realease it: happy, sad, angry, frustrated. When DH does something sweet, or I hear or see something sweet or sad in a song or movie.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results