shape
carat
color
clarity

How often can I clean my eternity ring?

CTsparkle13

Shiny_Rock
Do you find that your eternity ring (basket setting) gets dirty too easy? How often can I clean my ring?

_34543.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can clean it whenever you'd like. I clean my diamond ring twice a day.

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
I can't speak for ultrasonic cleaners or steam cleaners (which can be more "abrasive" for shared prong/pave settings)- but if you are using a baby toothbrush + warm/hot water + Dawn dish soap, you can clean your ring as often as you'd like. I normally clean my rings 2x a week, but have heard of others cleaning their rings daily (or even twice a day). I've read that emerald cut diamonds get dirty fairly quickly (as opposed to round brilliants, etc.) because grease/grime is more easily apparent on the large facets.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous!

I clean mine with a toothbrush and jewelry cleaner once a week and give it a dip in alcohol at least once a day. I'd clean it more often if I had time.

Clean sheets and clean diamonds just make my heart go pitter patter.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say I adore your ring! :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning! I still can't get enough of it, lol. :appl: I think you said you were obsessed with it so cleaning often with dawn/toothbrush will make it nice and sparkly to look at constantly! :naughty: That way you can enjoy it to the utmost right now! I also do a gentle soak with warm water at least once a week too. :wavey:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is amazing! I clean my rings once a day, usually in the morning. The foaming dawn dish soap is the best. I think it's called dawn platinum. It's awesome for cleaning diamonds.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Clean a diamond anytime you like but its whether the setting can take it be gentle watch you don't drag at the prongs - loose prongs lost diamond

CTsparkle13

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies for taking the time to respond!!

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
I use a new unused lipstick brush just for my diamond- dense and soft, but some firmness to it.

I think it would be great for your emerald cuts. :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I clean my rings daily. I use soapy water with Dawn or the pink jewelry cleaner you can get almost anywhere. I generally just soak it and if it is smudgy use a little baby toothbrush to scrub the diamond. I so love your band.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how 'often' you can clean an eternity ring, but I do know how long you can clean it for ... for eternity. :wall:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1443150911|3931550 said:
I don't know how 'often' you can clean an eternity ring, but I do know how long you can clean it for ... for eternity. :wall:

:lol:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an asscher wedding band and it gets really dirty faster than any RB I have had. Or, rather, the dirt shows a lot more I guess. :saint: I understand your problem.

I have tried most things. I really liked using my ultra sonic cleaner, but it takes forever (an eternity??) to make the ring really clean in that compared to my RBs and I don't like having it in there for too long. Not sure what the PS take is on USCs anymore.

What I mostly use now is soap and if its really bad, a mild type of windex, can't remember the name. If it's really really bad I use diamond cleaning solution dip and then the USC. I try to clean it a couple of times every week... The USC maybe once a month.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you use an ultrasonic (and even if you don't) get the prongs checked every 6 months or so locally.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is amazing by the way!! :love:
As often as you like with mild soap and a toothbrush. However I have gotten the best cleans on my etenity band by taking it to a good jeweller who will hand scrub with a small brush and amonia solution.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results