shape
carat
color
clarity

How often are diamonds repriced?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

raz91

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m starting to shop around for a diamond. The Pricescope web site and forum have been extraordinarily helpful, thank you! I''ve read about the Rap report and found the index information at Polished Prices, and from what it seems, diamond prices are trending downwards and probably will for some time (if the NYT article is to be believed).

So my question is how frequently are diamonds repriced if the market is going down (as it appears to be)? I have my eye on this diamond (for example), and I''m wondering if I should keep on checking on this diamond (or similar diamonds) every few weeks to see if they reprice? Or is this a futile exercise? :) Thanks for all the advice!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its probably a futile exercise unless you have months before you need a stone.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think diamonds are repriced as and when needed. It is unlikely that you''d see a drop on a diamond already in the store''s inventory over the course of a few weeks. Now that you''ve posted the diamond on this site I''d either put it on hold or delete the link. Stones have been known to sell quite quickly after being mentioned here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results