shape
carat
color
clarity

How necessary is it to view a diamond under an idealscope after viewing it under a H&A viewer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ojai00

Rough_Rock
Hello guys. I just saw a great diamond yesterday under a hearts and arrows viewer and am just wondering how necessary it is for me to also view it under an idealscope. I know that H&A viewers are really only used to view the hearts and arrows so I am leaning towards taking another look at the diamond under the Idealscope. Thanks in advance.

The specs scored a 0.8 on the HCA.

Carat Weight: 2.05
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: VS1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Depth: 61.7 %
Table: 56 %
Crown Angle: 35°
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2009 11:44:30 AM
Author:ojai00
Hello guys. I just saw a great diamond yesterday under a hearts and arrows viewer and am just wondering how necessary it is for me to also view it under an idealscope. I know that H&A viewers are really only used to view the hearts and arrows so I am leaning towards taking another look at the diamond under the Idealscope. Thanks in advance.

Welcome!

Idealscope or ASET is always useful, do you have or have you seen hearts images? These are very important to be able to properly judge overall cut precision of a h&a diamond if it is being sold as such. This diamond does look promising from the info we have.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s a good idea to view it under an IS. The IS will detect light leakage.

From the numbers, the stone looks like it will be very pretty.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/8/2009 11:44:30 AM
Author:ojai00

It's necessary. The H&A uses a single color and no backlighting to show physical cut precision. The Ideal-Scope and ASET actually show cut performance, coding light in a way that a viewer can see where it's entering the diamond and returning to the eye, versus where it's leaking out through the pavilion.

You can think of cut precision as icing on the cake of cut performance...the cake it what's most important. Still, we'd love to see the H&A patterns if you have photos of them.

Having said that, those average angles above look great. If the patterning you saw in the H&A viewer was good - crisp and uniform all around - it sounds like the diamond was cut consistently and I predict that an ideal-scope image for a consistently cut 56/40.6/35.0 is going to be rocking.

ojai00

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for your input guys. This is a local dealer so unfortunately, there are no photos available online. I was able to view all the arrows and hearts when viewing through the H&A viewer. I''ll schedule another appointment to view the diamond through an IS.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2009 1:01:33 PM
Author: ojai00
Thanks a lot for your input guys. This is a local dealer so unfortunately, there are no photos available online. I was able to view all the arrows and hearts when viewing through the H&A viewer. I''ll schedule another appointment to view the diamond through an IS.
You are most welcome, we are glad to be of help to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results