shape
carat
color
clarity

How much would you pay for a pre-loved Lightbox 1ct diamond?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I'm curious how much "resale" value Lightbox diamonds have. How much would you pay for a pre-loved Lightbox 1ct round "white" diamond (no setting included)?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
That’s a good question! And it’s not the easiest to answer. Now, safe to assume it’s not the pierced diamond because I think those would be a tough sale loose.
On the Lightbox website, they advertise $800 per carat plus setting- off the top of my head, I think the 1 carat necklace with a 14k gold is about $1100. I think they get 1 carat necklaces in their outlet selection with a silver bezel setting for $700, though the outlet diamonds are the ones that don’t quite make the cut (literally).
I purchased my 1 carat in 10k setting from Bloomingdales during a great sale with a coupon code for only about $600. But that took some patience because during those sales, the 1 carat necklaces are quick to go.
so, all that blah blah blah from me to say $500 seems fair.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I think no setting makes it a harder sale. $500 for a 1ct pendant (50% off retail) seems more reasonable to me. If you’re thinking about this in terms of a possible reset project why not save the original settings in case you wish to resell later?

Edit to add: The Bloomie’s sales make preloved LB tough in my opinion. For example, if I’m looking for a stone for my own reset project (your target buyer) and I’m a little patient I can get around 40% off at Bloomie’s. I would expect to pay less than that buying preloved.

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
I bought the 2ct tw diamond studs and 2-1 ct pendants. There seemed to be some dead spots in a couple of the stones. Do I ordered another pair of 2ct tw white studs and 2-1 ct pendants. I bought all at Bloomingdales. The first set came in the mini Lightbox display boxes no paperwork. The 2nd round, Bloomingdales sent blue studs ugh! The pendants were in Bloomingdales necklace boxes not Lightbox and sent from Macy’s abd no paperwork at all. There is no consistency and the stones seem to be hit or miss. If you order pendants to make studs, will you be able to find a matching pair? On sale? Total cost of stones and reset? Still a great price? Yadav has preset 2ct tw studs, great color, clarity and cut with screw on backs for $2800 plus the stone cert is included. To me this sounds like it might be a better choice overall with less hassle. So 2 pairs of Lightbox studs and 4 pendants will go back to Bloomies and we’ll start over.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I bought the 2ct tw diamond studs and 2-1 ct pendants. There seemed to be some dead spots in a couple of the stones. Do I ordered another pair of 2ct tw white studs and 2-1 ct pendants. I bought all at Bloomingdales. The first set came in the mini Lightbox display boxes no paperwork. The 2nd round, Bloomingdales sent blue studs ugh! The pendants were in Bloomingdales necklace boxes not Lightbox and sent from Macy’s abd no paperwork at all. There is no consistency and the stones seem to be hit or miss. If you order pendants to make studs, will you be able to find a matching pair? On sale? Total cost of stones and reset? Still a great price? Yadav has preset 2ct tw studs, great color, clarity and cut with screw on backs for $2800 plus the stone cert is included. To me this sounds like it might be a better choice overall with less hassle. So 2 pairs of Lightbox studs and 4 pendants will go back to Bloomies and we’ll start over.

Interesting. When I bought my 2 1ct pendants from Lightbox directly, they were very consistent with high specs. My total cost for my earrings project was $2500 for platinum settings with Protektor (similar to La Pousette) backs, but I don't mind as part of it was "entertainment" for me.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would still pay $800/ct. it’s still a steal.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
I'm curious how much "resale" value Lightbox diamonds have. How much would you pay for a pre-loved Lightbox 1ct round "white" diamond (no setting included)?

I just purchased a 1 carat round white 10K WG necklace online with Bloomingdale's. Price was $680 + tax, (on sale + 15% first customer), and I'm very pleased with the stone.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for sharing your experience. I bought two one carat white necklaces from Bloomingdales, (one round and one cushion), because I couldn't decide between which stone I wanted. They were both packaged well and I didn't expect paperwork, (other than the Lightbox pamphlet), because the stones aren't individually graded.
The return of the cushion necklace has gone very smoothly, but I did it immediately and didn't remove any tag or packaging.
For the price I paid, ($680 + tax), I'm very happy, but it's interesting to know that the retail store can make mistakes.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
For the stone only? Hmm. Probably 300-400 bucks. I'd want to see a video of the stone as well, since their cuts can be hit or miss.

Here is the one I received and kept from Bloomingdales for $680 + tax. They were running a sale online, and then an additional 15% for being a first time customer. I'm not an expert, (at all), but I really like the lab diamond and the necklace too.

I just took some photos using my iPhone and here's what it looks like for anyone who is interested.
tempImagenzI7sx.png tempImageBXl8Nb.png tempImagey9ILbu.png tempImageQLsZUI.png
. tempImagenzI7sx.png

Attachments

• tempImageGAjst7.png
    tempImageGAjst7.png
    1 MB · Views: 94

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
I will try to take photos of the stones and post them. The first 2 pendants I received were $750 each, the 2ct tw earrings were $1350. The second set pendants were $600 each, the pendant $1530. I received no Lightbox paperwork or pamphlets for either orders and the second pendants were in Bloomingdales boxes and had o not ordered them myself you wouldn’t know they were Lightbox. I’m going to take to my jeweler and see which are the better stones and will let you know what I find out.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
I will try to take photos of the stones and post them. The first 2 pendants I received were $750 each, the 2ct tw earrings were $1350. The second set pendants were $600 each, the pendant $1530. I received no Lightbox paperwork or pamphlets for either orders and the second pendants were in Bloomingdales boxes and had o not ordered them myself you wouldn’t know they were Lightbox. I’m going to take to my jeweler and see which are the better stones and will let you know what I find out.

If you are within the return window and kept everything that came with these pieces, I would definitely return vs. selling. My one return was through Bloomingdales and was very easy/smooth, but I did it immediately and followed their return instructions.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I purchased 1 carat necklace directly from Lightbox for $1k. Its cut well and sparkles like crazy...I think it was a steal. I wanted to have a lab diamond so I could see if the quality was there. I’m very happy with mine.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
Interesting. When I bought my 2 1ct pendants from Lightbox directly, they were very consistent with high specs. My total cost for my earrings project was $2500 for platinum settings with Protektor (similar to La Pousette) backs, but I don't mind as part of it was "entertainment" for me.

Did Lightbox sell them in platinum with the Protector backs or did you pay to have a jeweler remount them? I am in LOVE with my 1 carat round LB diamond necklace and the price was unbelievably low. I plan now on continuing to watch the LB website, (and Bloomingdales), but I don't see your earrings available right now. I'm sure they'll introduce new designs, but right now they don't have 2 cttw round white studs available. Enjoy yours and TIA!

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
Lightbox had the 2ct tw white studs in stock this morning. I knew I had to be quick and as I was checking out all of the sudden they were sold out. I’m just about to spend my money elsewhere. I’m still thinking Yadav because by the time I reset the Lightbox earrings or pendant it’s almost the cost of the preset 2ct tw earrings at Yadav. Yadav they are FG color, excellent/ideal cut, clarity SI1 or better and come with screwback a for $2800. I just haven’t decided if I want larger than 2ct and they also have larger preset.

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
If you are within the return window and kept everything that came with these pieces, I would definitely return vs. selling. My one return was through Bloomingdales and was very easy/smooth, but I did it immediately and followed their return instructions.

Yes I’m still in the return window and that’s what I’m planning to do.

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
Lightbox had the 2ct tw white studs in stock this morning. I knew I had to be quick and as I was checking out all of the sudden they were sold out. I’m just about to spend my money elsewhere. I’m still thinking Yadav because by the time I reset the Lightbox earrings or pendant it’s almost the cost of the preset 2ct tw earrings at Yadav. Yadav they are FG color, excellent/ideal cut, clarity SI1 or better and come with screwback a for $2800. I just haven’t decided if I want larger than 2ct and they also have larger preset.

Sorry the Yadav are GH COLOR 18k gold snd diamond certs are included.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Did Lightbox sell them in platinum with the Protector backs or did you pay to have a jeweler remount them? I am in LOVE with my 1 carat round LB diamond necklace and the price was unbelievably low. I plan now on continuing to watch the LB website, (and Bloomingdales), but I don't see your earrings available right now. I'm sure they'll introduce new designs, but right now they don't have 2 cttw round white studs available. Enjoy yours and TIA!

I worked with a local jeweler to have the diamond pendants custom set in platinum studs with the Protektor backs!

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
I've seen a small handful of pre-owned lightbox items on eBay. I was surprised to see how much they sold for - quite close to the store price. I'm guessing (US) buyers may not have known about the Bloomingdale sales, or else they could not get that same item in a sale. Lightbox seem to keep low stock levels of each piece so perhaps they can become fairly desirable on the second hand market.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
Lightbox will be getting new stock this week or next. I have a pair coming to me, just paid for them.

I would love to buy their 2 cttw white round studs :). They appear to be out of stock, so I'm wondering if you got yours? I plan on waiting, but I really think they're a great deal. I noticed they've listed 14K WG for $1,950, which I think is a great price.

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock

Anything from them I would be resetting anyway so I’d pay close to full price esp if no shipping. Maybe $100 off!?

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
Well Lightbox will have 1 pair in stock of the 2ctw 14k white gold studs because I am returning mine. They’re beautiful but I’m not in love with them. I did purchase several pendants that I’m gifting to my step daughters as a “just because” gift.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Lightbox will have 1 pair in stock of the 2ctw 14k white gold studs because I am returning mine. They’re beautiful but I’m not in love with them. I did purchase several pendants that I’m gifting to my step daughters as a “just because” gift.

What was it you didn’t like about the earrings?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock

Oh man, I’ve been looking for these.

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
What was it you didn’t like about the earrings?

I don’t know if it was the stone or just me but I wasn’t in love with them. The stones are sparkly, crisp and beautiful but I wasn’t excited about them if that makes any sense.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results