shape
carat
color
clarity

How much to size up for stacking rings?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
For those of you with stacking sets, what size did you get and what is your normal ring size?

I want to start a stacking collection but I'm not sure what size I should get. I normally wear a 4.25 on my right hand. I went to Tiffany last week to try on some stackers to get an idea of which styles I like and with 3 bands on a size 4.5 was too tight. A size 5 was a tad too big but maybe would be best if I decide to add more in the future? Or should I go with a 4.75?

Just curious with what others' experience has been?

marygrace

Shiny_Rock
I go up 1/2 to 3/4 because it gets kind of crowded.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely 1/2 size up.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good to know :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
:love: Those will make a great stack! I'd like to hear how you like the LOGR, I've looked at that same ring a couple times to wear with a RHR that is currently living in the back of my jewlery box.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree on the half size up. The thicker your stack, the larger the ring size needs to be. I love those bands! Please start a thread when you receive the LOGR...it's on my wish list too!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1327727221|3113640 said:
Thank you ladies for your advice. I just ordered my first band and I got a 4.75 so we'll see how that fits. I got this one from LOGR:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250915237892?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

And I'll be saving up for these 2:

http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_131&products_id=10858

http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_131&products_id=10882

Nice centre band Stargurl! Love the thin band - 1.2mm, sweet!!! and the next 2 from IDJ will look perfect with it!

Have you ordered from LOGR before? Do you know if their diamonds are set securely in the band? I've now lost a diamond each from a BeyondJjewellry 3 and jewelryhoo setting I ordered in the past. Perhaps when LOGR are back from Chinese new year holidays, send an email to be certain they check the diamonds closely for safety... the diamonds I lost are 'chips' in the scheme of things, but it still bothers me and my local jeweller was going to charge me $30 to set a new one in each ring and then about $200 for time to check over each ring - they didn't cost that much to start, so not paying it, but still - it bugs me that the rings aren't intact any more! (Just my $0.02 worth of useless info to share :lol: )

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Christina and Yennyfire - I'll definitely start a thread once I receive it. It says on their listings that they are on vacation until February 3rd so it might be a little while :cry:

Enerchi - I have ordered 2 settings from LOGR before and I haven't had any issues with them. However, it seems like a lot of posters in Colored Stones buy from them and say their settings have been hit-or-miss so maybe I just got lucky... That sucks about your settings! Can you send them back to the seller to have them fixed?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely post a thread when it comes-I've just put some of their stacking rings on my watch list. I'm half tempted to just go ahead and purchase one.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
bee - Which ones are you looking at? I am trying to get some ideas but its hard to know which ones will look good together without actually seeing them in person...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stargurl - I bought the settings too long ago, so its way past their return date. My jeweller said he didn't feel they were of good quality and that I should be cautious wearing the rings other than 'for show' (and what does he THINK I do with my rings??? :rolleyes: ) so ever since then, I've worn them only at home :((

Glad you have had good luck - I hope you never have issues :))

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1327861610|3114284 said:
bee - Which ones are you looking at? I am trying to get some ideas but its hard to know which ones will look good together without actually seeing them in person...

It was mainly just the pave bands in rose gold and white gold that I was looking at. I still haven't pulled the trigger yet though-can't decide what I want to do about them.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I go up a fell size, but it dependa on your finger shape I think,

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Now I'm thinking that I probably need to go up to a 5, which is 3/4 larger than my normal size. A size 5 seemed a little too big at Tiffany's but I have some plain silver bands that are a 4.75 and when I stack those, it feels a bit tight. I ended up order the LOGR band in a 1/2 size bigger and 3/4 size bigger just to compare and I'll send back whatever doesn't work. I just got an email that they shipped so hopefully I'll get them soon!

papigal

Rough_Rock
for reference - these are all 2mm rings. (unfortunately i cannot wear it with my e-ring as it leaves a gap in between).

_21088.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I've never heard of sizing up for stacking rings :confused: I have a rather large set of stacking rings (about 10 total) and I wear them in various combinations. Some are plain metal bands (rose, yellow, and white gold) and others are different styles of diamond bands (again, rose, yellow, and white gold). My normal size is 3.25 and that's the size of all of the stacking rings. I actually just ordered two more stacking bands (natural colored diamonds) and again, I ordered them in my normal ring size. I have never heard of needing to size up with stacking rings, but I suppose it's something that might vary from person to person.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
momhappy said:
I've never heard of sizing up for stacking rings :confused: I have a rather large set of stacking rings (about 10 total) and I wear them in various combinations. Some are plain metal bands (rose, yellow, and white gold) and others are different styles of diamond bands (again, rose, yellow, and white gold). My normal size is 3.25 and that's the size of all of the stacking rings. I actually just ordered two more stacking bands (natural colored diamonds) and again, I ordered them in my normal ring size. I have never heard of needing to size up with stacking rings, but I suppose it's something that might vary from person to person.

Yeah I guess it does.
I stack and like my rings loose. My rings generally total between 6-8mm.
I'm a size 6.75 but all my rings are 7.5. I hate the idea of having "muffin" finger.

papigal

Rough_Rock
i would order same size as e-ring.
just received my twisted ring today .. 2mm.
I ordered same size as my e-ring which is size US4.25, but my actual is US4. the e-ring feels a little loose (but not to extent of spinning). having 6mm in total made makes the ring feel alot more secured on my fingers now.

_21189.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I usually go up 1/4 to 1/2 a size depending on the thickness of the band.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
papigal said:
i would order same size as e-ring.
just received my twisted ring today .. 2mm.
I ordered same size as my e-ring which is size US4.25, but my actual is US4. the e-ring feels a little loose (but not to extent of spinning). having 6mm in total made makes the ring feel alot more secured on my fingers now.

Love your twisty stacked ring! Could you please tell where you got it and the metal? Thx! :))

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a platinum twist ring from tiffany

26659094_921616_ed_m.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results