shape
carat
color
clarity

how much to have a stone set a B&M store......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
Will a B&M store set a stone and in a setting that is not bought at the store. I like a setting from the place I wish to buy the stone, however I want it appraised loose first. I dont'' want to have to keep paying shipping back and forth. I would like to have the setting shipped unset and have it set at a local B&M store. Who knows, I might now even like the setting. That''s another reason why I do not wish it set first, I might not like what it looks like.

How much would a B&M store charge for a mounting. What is typical. My local store said if i bought a setting from them they would throw in an appraisal for free.

Thanks,

Robert O.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We can accomplish setting a diamond for you at a reasonable cost when we perform an appraisal. This serves the purpose of not spending unlimited sums on shipping. Let us know what size and shape diamond you have and we will give you an idea of your cost to do the setting work.

vandelay101

Rough_Rock
Dear Mr. Atlas,

I shot you over an email about this topic also, but I can reply here as well. I was interested in this setting:

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/ring-detail.cfm?id=329

It's a .58ct, dimensions 4.65x4.55x3.14

A local B&M store said they would give me a free appraisal if I bought the setting from them. I have to shoot over there sometime this week so see what kinds of settings they have.

I really like the one on DCD's site, however it's hard to judge just by the picture. I'm having DCD's take some more pictures of the setting so I can decide. I might even purchase it just to take a closer look at it.

How much would you charge to typically set a stone w/out an appraisal?

Thank you very much,

Rob O.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have replied via a "private message" directly to you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results